Nostalgia 30 > Nostalgia 30

Bud Light stunter by Gid Adkisson

(1/5) > >>

Airacobra:
For those of you who saw it fly, can you give us a report as to what your thoughts were on the plane. It is a super cool stunter!

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Airacobra on December 22, 2022, 04:43:24 PM ---For those of you who saw it fly, can you give us a report as to what your thoughts were on the plane. It is a super cool stunter!

--- End quote ---

Didn't see it fly, but there is an extensive write up on it in Model Aviation. I don't remember the year, but would make a good read on a winter day.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Dave Hull:
Model Aviation, June 1988.

I recall working as a pull tester at a SoCal contest years ago. A guy had what looked like one of these. It seemed huge and it wasn't that light. I worried about the pull. The contestant's remark has stayed with me--"Don't worry about the pull, it'll take it!"

I have tried to mount controls in such a way that instills this same confidence.

Dave

Trostle:

--- Quote from: Airacobra on December 22, 2022, 04:43:24 PM ---For those of you who saw it fly, can you give us a report as to what your thoughts were on the plane. It is a super cool stunter!

--- End quote ---

Bob Whitely flew one, finished the same way as Adkisson.  I remember that it was not light, it does not build light.  Bob campaigned with that airplane for several years, I think he flew it at least at one Nationals and placed well with it.  (Bob always placed well at the Nats.  He won in '78.)  I have seen Adkisson's model fly.  I have seen Whitely's model fly.  These models flew very well, had as good a corner as anything flying at that time.   They were impressive in the air.  This is not a small airplane.  That color scheme was impressive, both on the ground and in the air.

Keith

Airacobra:
I have considered building one and I have read the article in the Model Aviation mag. I think it was June of 88. I just wanted some impressions from guys who have consistently been at the Nats and seen a multitude of varying designs fly. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version