Nostalgia 30 > Nostalgia 30

Bud Light stunter by Gid Adkisson

<< < (2/5) > >>

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Trostle on December 23, 2022, 08:58:04 AM ---Bob Whitely flew one, finished the same way as Adkisson.  I remember that it was not light, it does not build light.  Bob campaigned with that airplane for several years, I think he flew it at least at one Nationals and placed well with it.  (Bob always placed well at the Nats.  He won in '78.)  I have seen Adkisson's model fly.  I have seen Whitely's model fly.  These models flew very well, had as good a corner as anything flying at that time.   They were impressive in the air.  This is not a small airplane.  That color scheme was impressive, both on the ground and in the air.

Keith

--- End quote ---

I was thinking that Whitely's "Showtime" Lazer was the same airplane but not really sure. He flew that at the '91 NATS at Lawrenceville, I believe. Are we thinking of the same model?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    Dan McEntee

Tim Just:
Watching Loudenslager fly the original had a very profound effect on the direction of my adult life.  His seven national champions was thought by all to be unbeatable. That was until the now one time Fox 15 hurl and eleven time nation champion Rob Holland showed up.   

Ted Fancher wrote the introduction to the Model Aviation article.  I would love to hear his thoughts on this model.

Tim

Trostle:

--- Quote from: Dan McEntee on December 23, 2022, 06:47:27 PM ---     I was thinking that Whitely's "Showtime" Lazer was the same airplane but not really sure. He flew that at the '91 NATS at Lawrenceville, I believe. Are we thinking of the same model?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    Dan McEntee

--- End quote ---

Dan,

Thanks for looking up the record on Bob Whitely.  I checked Stunt News.  Bob placed 6th at the 91 Nats but no record of what was flown and no pictures of Bob.  He also placed 4th at the 92 Nats and there is a not so good photo of the top 5 with their airplanes.  Using a magnifying glass, it looks like Bob is holding his Bud Light.  He was one of the really good pilots over a long span of years.   I think his Bud Light was one of his best models.

Keith

wwwarbird:
 Not to change the subject, but how about Dan Banjock's turbo "Raven"? When I first saw it it reminded me of Whitely's old Bud Light plane but in a much more user friendly size.

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Trostle on December 24, 2022, 09:56:16 AM ---Dan,

Thanks for looking up the record on Bob Whitely.  I checked Stunt News.  Bob placed 6th at the 91 Nats but no record of what was flown and no pictures of Bob.  He also placed 4th at the 92 Nats and there is a not so good photo of the top 5 with their airplanes.  Using a magnifying glass, it looks like Bob is holding his Bud Light.  He was one of the really good pilots over a long span of years.   I think his Bud Light was one of his best models.

Keith

--- End quote ---

I need to pull out my pictures from the '91 NATS and review. Andy Lee has posted a bunch of photo from the '91 and '93 NATS at Lawrenceville on facebook, and one was of Whitley's  "Showtime" Laser, and it's multicolored and nice model. So he had a "red "Bud Light Laser also??  I am not familiar with that one. I hope I took pics of the Show time model at the time!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
   Dan McEntee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version