Nostalgia 30 > Nostalgia 30

Bob Hunt F-105 wing area?

(1/2) > >>

Steve Fitton:
Anybody know how many squares Bob Hunt's F-105 model was?

Bill Little:
Hi Steve,

Looking over the plans, it appears to have a few more squares than the Genesis I.  I have not read the article lately.  Unless I am going blind, it is an inline design or very close to it.

Did you find a picture of a yellow F-105?

Bill

Steve Fitton:
Nope, a Thud cannot be yellow. n1

However, I have a Hasegawa 1/72 scale F-105B with the New Jersey ANG Spirit of '76 paint job.  I was just barely old enough to remember seeing the Thuds fly at McGuire in the late 70s early 80s, so if I ever did a Thud it would be NJ ANG.  The plastic kit is a good reference.

At the moment its mostly a thought experiment for what of my available engines would be a good match.

Trostle:
From the magazine plans (FM, May 73) The area of the Bob Hunt F105 scales to about 650 sq in.  This is probably within  +/- 10 or 15 sq in of the actual area.

beercamel:

--- Quote from: Steve Fitton on December 13, 2012, 04:33:41 PM ---Nope, a Thud cannot be yellow. n1

However, I have a Hasegawa 1/72 scale F-105B with the New Jersey ANG Spirit of '76 paint job.  I was just barely old enough to remember seeing the Thuds fly at McGuire in the late 70s early 80s, so if I ever did a Thud it would be NJ ANG.  The plastic kit is a good reference.

At the moment its mostly a thought experiment for what of my available engines would be a good match.

--- End quote ---

Steve..  I flew in the NJ ANG at the transition from F-105's to F-4's..  141st TFS, 108th TFW I was an F-4 Jock..   Those old Thuds were spectacular airplanes..  They were the oldest flying 105's at the time.  B models..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version