Nostalgia 30 > Nostalgia 30

Big Jim's N30 designs Patternmsater

<< < (2/11) > >>

Matt Colan:

--- Quote from: Randy Powell on February 01, 2010, 04:36:56 PM ---I always liked the Mig. And Windy's F-16, too.

--- End quote ---

Windy built an F-16???

Mike Ferguson:

--- Quote from: Matt Colan on February 01, 2010, 05:05:23 PM ---Windy built an F-16???
--- End quote ---

Yep. In 1984 - the year after the Mig.

Both planes looked awesome.

Randy Powell:
I like the picture of Windy with the hat. Sorta looks like Rocky.   ;D

I particularly liked the Relentless too. That was just cool looking.

Matt Colan:

--- Quote from: jose modesto on January 30, 2010, 01:01:32 PM ---Matt here is windys MIG and my plans for the Big Jim LJ 40/46
Jose

--- End quote ---

Jose, what was the difference between the BJ and the LJ???

jose modesto:
Matt the El-Jay has 63" span and is a 40/46 ship 630"
The Bee-Jay 72" 750"span and is for the 60 Big Jim always said that the BJ was really a 51 size model as all the  ST60 had to be detuned.The photo of the plans I posted above are of the El-Jay 40/46
Matt some additional photos the SJ 35 model i also posted some photos of Bob Barons El-Jay's (as time goes Bye section)
Photo #1 Bob Baron's El-Jay FSR 45 Painted body Monokote wing and tail.
Photo #2 Bob Baron's LJ Windy BJ. This photo shows LJ and BJ
Photo #3 Hank Forbes SJ Max 35 (35 size model)
 A short story Bob Baron put on one of the most spectacular flying display that i have ever seen. Bob was at flushing Meadows Park 1982/3 Hank Forbes was flying his SJ (not the one shown above)with max 35, Big Jim said to bob if you want to fly a good plane fly Hank's. The park that day was full but Baron took over the circle and proceeded to fly Six(6) back to back flights as hard as any i had seen with the hardest corners of anyone. and on the seventh flight he folded the model in mid air.(a little Devinne intervention)
NOTE this model was flown for a full season prior to Baron, but the strain that he put on that model  that day were tremendous.
After that day Bob started flying LJ's
At the 1984 worlds Bob's #1 model was the El-Jay but changed his mind and hi chose to fly the AVANTI  (high winds)he came in second.Big Jim never let him forget that choice as he thought if he staid with the El-Jay ho would win the World's
Photo #4 Bill Rich BJ ST60
Matt the only "J" series missing is the BJ900 it is shown in a photo above with Black Sunday. These models were designed in the late 1970's  I have Big Jim's second LJ 46 at home and have photo of the first one he called it Pattern master MK4
Jose Modesto

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version