Nostalgia 30 > Nostalgia 30

Big Jim's N30 designs Patternmsater

<< < (10/11) > >>

Joseph Daly:
Here is another of Jim’s designs, the Griffon.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

gene poremba:
 I noticed that in the AMA magazine on page 94 of the October 2020 issue, is a picture of a young man that did pretty well with a Patternmaster. Steven Daly, Senior C/L  Stunt National Champion. Great to see a young man bring back the Patternmaster to the winners circle again.....Gene

Joseph Daly:
Gene,
That is my son Steven's plane. And it is based off a PM. If you read this thread, there were 4 PM's. Anyway, Steven's PM is based off the second one Big Jim built (Which is the B&W picture at the beginning of this thread). The cores for that plane were actually cut by Big Jim and they belonged to Hank Forbes, which then ended up with Jose Modesto, who in turn gave them to Steven. On the wings themselves was a note from Big Jim! Recently I have been trying to understand all of his designs and he had quite bit of them.
thanks
Joe

gene poremba:

Thanks for filling me in. You must be proud. Big Jim seems to have been ahead of the curve for his time....Gene

PS. Congrads to your son too!

Air Ministry .:
1:58:30. Jose Modesto . P.M. 46 (  ? , I assume ) Big Jim Memorial Contest . Flushing Meadow .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version