News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:43:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bad thoughts that can come to you while in the barbers chair.  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
 y1
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:40:03 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Bad thoughts that can come to you while in the barbers chair.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 05:09:41 PM »
I went for my monthly haircut today. While half asleep with the barber trimming away, a horrible thought occurred to me. I had installed the push rod to the flap horns upside  down!!! I am building Macaluso's F8U, with anhedral wings, thus the push rod SHOULD come out the bottom. ONLY I, in my infinite wisdom and dead brain, installed it in the top, like any normal wing with dihedral.

Of course the wings are joined, two layers of fiberglass, covered in medium silk span and two coats of dope.  Hopeless, me yes, problem no. Out comes a #11 new blade, grit my teeth with tongue out of the way and slowly cut into the wing. Long story short, success. It went smooth and even I was amazed.
 I had to walk out of the shop, sit down with a cup of coffee and wonder, what will I do that stupid next?   Stay tuned, I have 6 kits lined up. H^^ D>K LL~
The more you know, the more dumb things you do because before they were just mistakes, now they are dumb mistakes.  So Smile, things could be worse.  So I smiled and sure enough things got worse!  I thought after a year into electric that I had made all of the stupid mistakes you could make.  Each time I go out and fly I seem to find one more!  IT NEVER STOPS. HB~>

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here