News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:44:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where it all started  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Kim Doherty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Where it all started
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:49:01 PM »
I thought I would re-post the You Tube videos that started the whole fly-by-wire craze for those that are new to the forum or the concept.

On November 29, 2009 - Pat Mackenzie and I flew a true processor based "Fly-by-Wire" control line model airplane. There is no push rod between the bell crank and the elevator.

The model has dynamic throttle control and full fly-by-wire elevator with exponential. In the coming weeks we will activate the rudder and flaps with the same system. We will be able to have exponential on the flaps, differential flaps, exponential on the elevator and be able to mix flaps to elevator as suits the manoeuvre.

If you look very closely at the end of the longer video you will see the lead outs moving but not the elevator.

I have included two links to YouTube for you viewing pleasure and some pictures of the model. Note that the model would not have to be powered by electric to have the same control system.

I would like to thank Pat for the enormous amount of work he put into this project!! It could not have been done without him.

Enjoy!!   

Kim.

YouTube links:

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Where it all started
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
Kim,

Wow!

A break through in "CL science!" Many kudos!! H^^

I wish I had the correct mindset from the beginning and understood your efforts better.

Can't keep something that great and useful in just your own corral.

You'll be selling stuff, eventually, correct?  #^

I for one am looking forward to much much more.

You have me thinking.  ;D

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Kim Doherty

• Commander
Re: Where it all started
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »
Charles,

Thanks for the kind words.

No, we will not be selling this stuff, just interested in developing it.

Kim.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here