Electric Stunt > New electronic technology

What do you want in a timer?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Mike Keville:
Too much electronic/radio crap invading Controline.  Stop it!

Mike Anderson:

--- Quote from: Mike Keville on February 25, 2014, 09:38:59 PM ---Too much electronic/radio crap invading Controline.  Stop it!

--- End quote ---

Your opinion is noted, and of course will be ignored.    ;D

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Mike Anderson on February 25, 2014, 09:59:55 PM ---Your opinion is noted, and of course will be ignored.    ;D

--- End quote ---

Please don't turn this into a flame war.  What Mike wants in a timer is a spring, some gears, and a lever or two.  I can accept that.

Mike Anderson:
No flame intended -- just a gentle poke and a smile.

Howard Rush:

--- Quote from: Steven Yampolsky on February 25, 2014, 06:56:39 PM ---Few ideas:
1) a mechanism to measure line tension. Imagine an active line tension control system that maintains constant line tension in all quatrants of the sphere.
2) a video camera or a plug for one. maybe several cameras. wireless video transmitter. Imagine being able to view the flight from multiple angles live on multiple monitors.
3) interface for wireless telemetry.Google Glass has made some big waves. Imagine being able to see telemetry in flight. It would be a boon for trimming.
4) bluetooth interface to program. Why use a programming box? I should be able to program it with my iPhone.
5) ability to define a multi-dimensional map for IC engines performance like in cars. the axis' would be fuel, air amount, barometric pressure, humidity.
6) bellcrank position or rate of deflection sensor. Imagine being able to predict engine power requirements as a maneuver begins.
7) relative altitude sensor. it would be great to know how high the model is off the ground. The training value of being able to see(wireless telemetry and google glass) where 5ft is tremendous.

--- End quote ---

8) MP3 player.  I think any digital electronic device is required by law to have one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version