Electric Stunt > New electronic technology

What do you want in a timer?

<< < (6/6)

Jason Greer:
I've waited in hopes that you'd take on this project! Can't wait to see how this turns out. I know this has already been mentioned, but an android/iPhone/wireless data access method would be the biggest feature in my opinion. This would make setup changes so much easier.

Take care,
Jason

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Mark Scarborough on March 03, 2014, 12:16:01 PM ---I see your target Tim,, its admirable,, and I do see advantages, but the telemetry and FPV just dont make sense to me,  but then,, I am just me,

--- End quote ---

Part of the reason I'm not jumping on Steve's bandwagon with the telemetry and FPV is that they don't make much sense to me, either.

I can see the value of having video on a plane for experimental purposes, like if you want to see how much the elevator or flap deflects, or if you want to see how much a flexible stab/elevator flaps in the wind.  But I don't see much value in having it there all the time.

And, it's a solved problem.

--- Quote from: Jason Greer on March 03, 2014, 05:48:09 PM ---I've waited in hopes that you'd take on this project! Can't wait to see how this turns out. I know this has already been mentioned, but an android/iPhone/wireless data access method would be the biggest feature in my opinion. This would make setup changes so much easier.

--- End quote ---

That USB port is going on there specifically for the Android/iPhone user.  In fact, if I move up to a smart phone from my flip phone, it's going to be because of this gizmo.

By the way #1 -- the programming language for this is going to be published, and I'm hoping that folks who know how to program will be willing to experiment with it.  If you know anyone who flies stunt and writes software, of course.

By the way #2 -- if you're ever out at Portland again, I promise that I won't confuse you with someone else on another group, which means that I'll lend you a much nicer plane.

Jason Greer:
I hope to make it back out there again. It's always nice to associate a face with a name. I really enjoyed flying with you guys. I went to the Evergreen aviation museum while I was there also. That was real treat as well!

If you see you have a need for test subjects for your timer, I'd be glad to do some testing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version