News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Retract trigger from timer - anyone do this?  (Read 1502 times)

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Retract trigger from timer - anyone do this?
« on: August 04, 2022, 03:19:49 PM »
Not electric but am looking to find out if anyone has used any of the timers to not only trigger motor start/shutdown but also retract activation of a small servo? What equipment is needed to trigger the servo full on to full off? I was thinking of using it to drive the carb on an IC glow and set the flight time.

Best,    DennisT

« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 03:48:38 PM by Dennis Toth »

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
Re: Retract trigger from timer - anyone do this?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 11:21:07 AM »
I have landig gear dedicated timer which works with my timers. It is programmable by jetibox as all of my stuff and it has also connector for standard heli rpm sensors (either IC or electric from phase leads).

Also I have free programmable timer, so you can construct any timed sequence with digital in and out leads, so it can have some sensor or switch if you need.

Offline Douglas Bykoff

• Ensign
Re: Retract trigger from timer - anyone do this?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 07:18:36 PM »
Not electric but am looking to find out if anyone has used any of the timers to not only trigger motor start/shutdown but also retract activation of a small servo? What equipment is needed to trigger the servo full on to full off? I was thinking of using it to drive the carb on an IC glow and set the flight time.

Best,    DennisT

If you are looking to use a timer to turn off a motor IC using a servo then any timer will work. You will only need 1 Y cable and a 5v battery.

You need to understand that both an ESC and a servo receive the same signal, either from an RC receiver or from the Timer.

I made a short video where I use a Y cable to control an ESC and a small service at the same time.

I used my own RC timer but any timer attached will work just as well.

The only caveat to be made is about the KR timer, which also applies to the Climb and Dive because these 2 control the motor in closed loop and require wires connected directly to the electric motor.

DouglasB

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here