Electric Stunt > New electronic technology

Fly by wireless

(1/4) > >>

Gus Urtubey:
Gus

RknRusty:
That sounds really cool for sport flying and building. It sure would make for some hair-pulling rules discussions in Stunt, Carrier and all the other CL disciplines.
Rusty

Dennis Toth:
I think the rules already address how control surfaces can be moved. It requires that the control input is through the control lines. The surfaces can be moved by either hard linkage or servo's as long as the control signal/command comes from movement of the control lines. It doesn't matter if that signal goes through pushrods, wires, radio signal or fiber optic as long as the input come from movement of the control lines.

The use of servos for control surface movement actually is interesting in that it could allow some new and interesting designs where you don't have to have straight line hookup of the surfaces to the bellcrank. Drawback is the added weight of servo and battery, but still could be fun for some.

Best,     DennisT

phil c:
One of the big reasons some people like C/L  is that you can feel what the airplane is doing.  Without force feedback, or a lot on internal sensing in the electronics, the pilot won't be able to respond to what the plane is doing. 

Sean McEntee:

--- Quote from: phil c on October 01, 2015, 08:46:24 AM ---One of the big reasons some people like C/L  is that you can feel what the airplane is doing.  Without force feedback, or a lot on internal sensing in the electronics, the pilot won't be able to respond to what the plane is doing. 

--- End quote ---

I agree.  Besides the romantic part that Phil mentioned, I think it would be very difficult to relearn how to fly precise maneuvers with out the aerodynamic resistance on the controls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version