Electric Stunt > New electronic technology

Fly by wireless

<< < (4/4)

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Donald R Olson on December 15, 2022, 10:36:37 AM ---Your right it is opposite the way I wrote it. I should of stated it differently. But the curve could be adjusted either way. I would like to read the rules more carefully as my understanding is that servo control is legal as long as it is controlled by the bellcrank. This would be the case. The rate at which the servo moves is directly related to movement of the bellcrank it can be increased or decrease by the control board but this is the same as if it were done mechanically by varying the length of the control arm. There is no autopilot or course correction involved. I'm sure it you're probably right as to it not being legal, but I'm not sure how you would be able to control a servo without a control board. The only difference is the rate being linear or expotential. Guess I need to look up the rule book.

--- End quote ---
As much as I love this idea, here is the rule:

The input from the pilot to the aircraft shall be solely via mechanical
movement of the control line or lines, with only the exceptions noted in
Paragraph 2.6. The movement of any aerodynamic control surface shall
be implemented only using mechanical linkages from the control lines.
There shall be no electromechanical actuators (servos, motors, etc.) that
in any way directly affect movement of any control surfaces or otherwise
affect aerodynamic changes by electromechanical means.

Ken

Donald R Olson:
Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for. Takes a little wind out of my sails. But I still will proceed. Not going to compete with this next ship anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version