Electric Stunt > New electronic technology

Engine sound generator for electric's - make a scale ship sound like a V-12

(1/3) > >>

Dennis Toth:
One thing that would be neat for electric is to have a sound generator that could make them sound like say a Merlin or a big old radial. This could be cool for scale as well as just for fun in stunt. Anyone have plans for such as circuit?

Best,   DennisT

Fredvon4:
Already commercially sold for the RC guys.... tad heavy for C/L models

no links..sorry lazy today

google

Jim Mynes:

--- Quote from: Fredvon4 on January 03, 2019, 12:23:32 PM ---Already commercially sold for the RC guys.... tad heavy for C/L models

no links..sorry lazy today

google

--- End quote ---

Yep, I’ve seen an RC plane with a sound generator fly. It sounded like a flying tractor.

Avaiojet:

--- Quote from: Jim Mynes on January 03, 2019, 12:40:36 PM ---Yep, I’ve seen an RC plane with a sound generator fly. It sounded like a flying tractor.

--- End quote ---

Be nice for a scale electric crop duster.  ;D

Fredvon4:
Actually these electronics are real sophisticated and while a tad expensive and weight is a challenge the can mimic Don Garlits AA gasser very realistically...or a Roll Royce Merlin, or a super Giant Locomotive coal fired engine including the noises of the drive wheels and steam spews....

There is an ever growing library of sound files to play on these amplified sound systems

BUT loud sound demand a decent SPEAKER and enough drive (WATTS) to amplify the sound so we can enjoy it...miniaturization is about state of the art but a good LOUD system is HEAVY

I know guys who fly RC WWII birds that actually have sound sequencer to simulate start, run up, back to idle, taxi to run way, Lock brakes and run up,,,unlock and take off, round the pattern, Fast low pass... climb to altitude, bleed off, back to idle, flop over the top, dive with accelerating growling and screaming engine.... truly impressive air show out of a 100" wing span Foam ARF P51....

BUT I know the pilot...the snazzy electronics cost way more than the simple Hobby king ARF/RTF Mustang

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version