Electric Stunt > New electronic technology

electronic switch operated by iphone

(1/4) > >>

Matt Piatkowski:
Hello,
My model has Igor's active timer and Spin66F2B ESC.
The mechanical switch maintains the communication between timer and Spin. It is the switch connected permanently to Spin.
First, I connect the battery and then flip the switch to ON. Then, I hear the beep, walk to the handle and fly.

In case of malfunction or/and connection break anywhere in the entire circuit the motor will stop. Assuming this unfortunate event does not lead to model's crash, I will land. How to flip the switch to OFF using my iPhone, while standing in the centre of the circle?

Some iPhone app. can send a simple signal to open the electronic switch, which replaces the mechanical switch.
What app. is needed? What electronic switch, having minimal weight, is needed?

Thanks,
M

CircuitFlyer:
Hey Matt,

From what I know, what you are searching for is not readily available.  It sounds weird that you can turn your living room lights on and off from half way around the globe but you can't control a motor that's only 65 feet away. 

Ideally, what you would need is a Bluetooth relay module that has sufficient range to cover the distance needed.  The ones that I could see online use the Bluetooth BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) standard. This only has published range of about 10 meters.  If you can find a module that uses the full Bluetooth Classic 4.0 or 5.0 standard with a better quality antenna it should have longer range of about 30 meters or more.  There are many generic Bluetooth control apps available that can connect and control the various relay modules.

Note: Bluetooth uses 2.4GHz spread spectrum technology so should be AMA legal.

Other than that, there are lots of similar devices like these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Control-Latching-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B082WXR37T/ref=pb_allspark_session_sims_desktop_60_6/189-4058637-5824117?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B082WXR37T&pd_rd_r=77458ad2-9f24-4f4d-a598-3eb2e4316775&pd_rd_w=pUqfR&pd_rd_wg=hezKe&pf_rd_p=6dab4af8-14d2-4d59-b0a2-dd973ff1f166&pf_rd_r=79JJE7E65C2QHMZ6B4E5&psc=1&refRID=79JJE7E65C2QHMZ6B4E5

Igor Burger:

--- Quote from: Matt Piatkowski on August 17, 2022, 10:13:05 AM ---Hello,
My model has Igor's active timer and Spin66F2B ESC.
The mechanical switch maintains the communication between timer and Spin. It is the switch connected permanently to Spin.
First, I connect the battery and then flip the switch to ON. Then, I hear the beep, walk to the handle and fly.

In case of malfunction or/and connection break anywhere in the entire circuit the motor will stop. Assuming this unfortunate event does not lead to model's crash, I will land. How to flip the switch to OFF using my iPhone, while standing in the centre of the circle?

Some iPhone app. can send a simple signal to open the electronic switch, which replaces the mechanical switch.
What app. is needed? What electronic switch, having minimal weight, is needed?

Thanks,
M

--- End quote ---

I have WIFI cut off which allows hooking between timer and ESC and it is compatible with my timers. The program is for Android, I am not planing to make anything for Iphone because of its development politics, but since it uses TCP/IP it will work with internet explorer also on Iphone (not very nice) ... however it is still in development.

CircuitFlyer:
Cool. You must have a rather posh flying field if you have WIFI ;) . From what I understand Android can direct connect without a router but Apple doesn’t like that. It can be done but they make it difficult. WIFI is 2.4 Ghz too.

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: CircuitFlyer on August 20, 2022, 01:12:42 PM ---Cool. You must have a rather posh flying field if you have WIFI ;) . From what I understand Android can direct connect without a router but Apple doesn’t like that. It can be done but they make it difficult. WIFI is 2.4 Ghz too.

--- End quote ---

Great!  Now we can "pocked cutoff" our motors at 45 on the first leg of the RWO! LL~

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version