News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:59:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3 D printed circuit boards  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Greg McCoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • flying tiger B24 gunnery school patch Laredo
3 D printed circuit boards
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:14:46 AM »
3 D printed boards utilizing silver ink conductor.

"Voxel8 will start shipping printers at the end of 2015. For $9,000, including a $500 deposit now, you can be among the first to receive a "standard" model. All models will come with PLA and conductive-silver inks. Eventually, Voxel8 engineers hope to add the ability to print resistors, stretchable electronics, and lithium-ion batteries."

http://venturebeat.com/2015/01/05/autodesk-unveils-project-wire-software-that-may-someday-let-anyone-3d-print-electronics/

http://spark.autodesk.com/wire
AMA 77370

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 3 D printed circuit boards
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I saw on the Web page, "Meaning the platform could potentially make circuit prototyping as easy as designing a 3D-printed figurine."   From what I've seen, circuit prototyping is currently easier than designing a 3D-printed figurine.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: 3 D printed circuit boards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 04:51:28 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I saw on the Web page, "Meaning the platform could potentially make circuit prototyping as easy as designing a 3D-printed figurine."   From what I've seen, circuit prototyping is currently easier than designing a 3D-printed figurine.

Indeed, if you can draw it you can pretty easily get someone to build it for you in a few days and under $1000 in many cases. How many multi-layer PWBs is anyone ever going to need for personal use?

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here