Model Library > Model Library

For the History Books: 1970's nats pictures

<< < (2/3) > >>

Shorts,David:
That's great Doug! Exactly what I'm hoping for. I hope to have the video ready end of January.

Trostle:
2nd set of pictures: 

1st picture:  If this is 73 or 74, guy in helmet is probably me.  Was the ED for those two years, the first years of the PAMPA Nats.
6th picture:  Guy in the red had looks like Dave Hemstrought

3rd set of pictures:

2nd picture:  Bill Simons
last picture:  Wynn Paul

4th set of Pictures:

2nd picture:  Young person in red cap - Looks like David Fitzgerald,  person holding the plane is David's father - Bill Fitzgerald
                      The airplane is probably the Sig Mustang which David campaigned with at that time

4th picture:  Same as the fist picture in 2nd set of pictures.

Keith

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Shorts,David on January 11, 2019, 10:25:51 AM ---Need help identifying these guys for the 78 nats video

--- End quote ---
Dave:  I cannot say for sure but that really looks like Lee Uberbacher in the first picture.  He was from Dallas and I flew with him regularly. I looked him up in Wynn Paul's book and he place 16th so he was there.  Unfortunately he is no longer with us to confirm.

Ken

Shorts,David:

--- Quote from: Ken Culbertson on September 29, 2023, 02:56:44 PM ---Dave:  I cannot say for sure but that really looks like Lee Uberbacher in the first picture.  He was from Dallas and I flew with him regularly. I looked him up in Wynn Paul's book and he place 16th so he was there.  Unfortunately he is no longer with us to confirm.

Ken

--- End quote ---

Hi Ken, which first picture? I'd love to add his name to the description on the video. Thanks

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Shorts,David on October 05, 2023, 12:42:02 PM ---Hi Ken, which first picture? I'd love to add his name to the description on the video. Thanks

--- End quote ---
Reply #3 1st picture.  Hard to say 100% since it had been a few years since I saw him and he had passed when I came back in around 2016/7.  Right size, Lee was big and always wore shorts and a baseball cap.  Really looks like him.   When I saw the pix my first reaction was "That's Lee!"

Ken

If the video shows what he was flying it would be a Talon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version