Model Library > Model Library

For the History Books: 1970's nats pictures

<< < (3/3)

bill bischoff:
First group, second picture: Youngster is Peter Bauer, man in sunglasses under umbrella is Charlie Bauer, his dad. From Chicago area. Peter is on current US CL Scale team.
Last group, third picture: Peter Bauer again, standing. White airplane is probably a pre-Top Flite Tutor, designed by older brother Mark Bauer.

Les McDonald:
Many years ago I sent a box of slides to Don Schultz, lots of slides.
Sadly he passed but somehow I think that box might still be with the family. That being said I have no idea how we could attempt to rescue those pictures.
They are mostly of the planes from the Nats between 1971 and 1976.

Jim Svitko:
Second set of photos, looks like photos 2 and 3 are identical.  Hangar in the background, and two VW buses--one yellow and white, the other green and white.  Is the competitor Tom Dixon?

Pete Bauer:

--- Quote from: bill bischoff on November 15, 2023, 10:00:20 PM ---First group, second picture: Youngster is Peter Bauer, man in sunglasses under umbrella is Charlie Bauer, his dad. From Chicago area. Peter is on current US CL Scale team.
Last group, third picture: Peter Bauer again, standing. White airplane is probably a pre-Top Flite Tutor, designed by older brother Mark Bauer.

--- End quote ---

Bill is correct that it is me and Dad in the pictures.  The Tutor shown in the second picture is the one that was used for the box cover photo.  It flew great.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version