News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:25:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: fuel can  (Read 18198 times)

Offline roger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
fuel can
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »
i was told that you mite know how to make a fuel tank from a film can :!

Offline minnesotamodeler

• Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
Re: fuel can
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 05:26:38 AM »
i was told that you mite know how to make a fuel tank from a film can :!

Yup, there's several methods: One of the most reliable and simple is to use a floppy balloon 0common party balloon) as a fuel bladder (non-pressurized) and the film canister as a receptacle for it, just cut a hole in the lid for the fuel line.

Or, you can make a "hard tank" with a canister that has a tight-fitting lid (they vary, check several for the tightest).  I use alum. tubing through snug-fitting holes in the lid, "goop"ed into place.  Let the Goop cure for a few days before exposing to fuel.  I've also made a "clunk-tank" type, using small surgical tubing inside the tank, with a wheel collar on a short piece of alum. tubing for a clunk.

Let me know if you need more detail.

--Ray
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:07:33 AM »
ray
thanks a bunch i made  one like this   not not tried yet. i have a canister that wont leak and drilled 2 holes, on top, and installed 1 tube almost to the bottom, and another just about 1/4 through as a preasure fitting to the muffler. do you think this setup will work? the tank is mounted leaning back a bit to hopeing to keep fuel at the bottom lft. side where the long tube goes down to. i just cant fill the tank all the way so as not to interfere with the other short tube comming in from the top. whata think
roger H^^

Offline minnesotamodeler

• Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »

Roger, it sounds like it ought to work, you may have to adjust the position of the pickup tube some, up or down on the outboard side.  I would suggest a little "Goop" around the tubing where it penetrates the wall, to insure no leaking.
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here