News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about Primary Force ARF  (Read 7085 times)

Offline Jim Howell

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Question about Primary Force ARF
« on: September 20, 2015, 12:17:19 PM »
Mike,
I obtained a PF ARF kit from an estate sale.  I suspect that this estate kit had been in a stash for years.  The fuse seems to be set up differently from the two PF ARF's that I got from a LHS, say, 5 to 10 yrs back.  The two previous ones had fuse's that allowed for an LA .40 to drop right in, mounting holes were right.  This new one seems to have a bit narrower engine slot and the holes definitely to not allow the LA .40 to be mounted, even if I were to open up the spacing between the mounts.  I pulled out a Fox .35 drill template, and it looks to me as if the fuse came prepped for the Fox.  So did the early versions of the PF ARF come assuming that a Fox .35 would have been used?

(Note, this is a curiousity question only.  I know what I need to do to use my LA .40)
Thanks,
Jim Howell
Huntsville, AL  AMA 545805

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
Re: Question about Primary Force ARF
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 12:37:52 PM »
Mike,
I obtained a PF ARF kit from an estate sale.  I suspect that this estate kit had been in a stash for years.  The fuse seems to be set up differently from the two PF ARF's that I got from a LHS, say, 5 to 10 yrs back.  The two previous ones had fuse's that allowed for an LA .40 to drop right in, mounting holes were right.  This new one seems to have a bit narrower engine slot and the holes definitely to not allow the LA .40 to be mounted, even if I were to open up the spacing between the mounts.  I pulled out a Fox .35 drill template, and it looks to me as if the fuse came prepped for the Fox.  So did the early versions of the PF ARF come assuming that a Fox .35 would have been used?

(Note, this is a curiousity question only.  I know what I need to do to use my LA .40)
Thanks,

Hi Jim,
I'm not sure what you have, but all the P-Force (kits & ARF) had the motor mount spacing set for Fox .35, LA .25, that I know of.  If they changed the spacing then it was for a spacing that would accommodate different engines.

Later,
Mikey

Offline Jim Howell

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Question about Primary Force ARF
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »
Hi Jim,
I'm not sure what you have, but all the P-Force (kits & ARF) had the motor mount spacing set for Fox .35, LA .25, that I know of.  If they changed the spacing then it was for a spacing that would accommodate different engines.

Later,
Mikey

Mike,

Got it, thanks for the response.  My apologies for my tardy response, I've been away and the various forums have had short shrift lately.  I would readily accept the F.35/LA.25 spacing.  What is a mystery to me is that I don't see evidence on the busted PF nose that I had inserted dowelling into the prefab holes and re-drilled new holes.  I must have, but it has been several years and several models since I set up my last one for flight.

Thanks, tho'.  And, I saw your response about short kit availability.  I'll get a check off to you.  Thanks.

Jim Howell
Jim Howell
Huntsville, AL  AMA 545805

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here