News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:19:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Primary Force Electric power  (Read 2767 times)

Offline djmachinist10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Primary Force Electric power
« on: January 26, 2021, 03:50:39 PM »
I finally finished my Primary Force kit I got from Mike about a year ago. My friend Troy Martin did covering in transparent blue Monokote with white trim. Arrowind 2809/15 motor turning a cut down APC 11x5.5 EP Pusher Prop. Castle Talon 35 ESC, Hubin FM-9 timer, ThunderPower 4S 2200 mah lipo battery. ready to fly weight came out 37 oz. after trimming the plane. 58 ft. .012 lines. she flys a 5.2 second lap. the plane flys great. very stable to level flight coming out of the verticals. she turns very good and very smooth. I could not be happier. best flying plane of this size I have ever had. Thanks Mike for a very nice kit and a great flying plane...Dale Jones
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 07:40:54 AM by djmachinist10 »

Offline Mike Morrow

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
Re: Primary Force Electric power
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 09:11:08 PM »
Very nice! I like the blue. Is that a Brodak battery box?

Mike

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Offline djmachinist10

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 06:55:51 AM »
Thanks, yes that is the box from the Ringmaster Electric conversion kit. I extended the box a 1/4” to give the battery a little more room for easy access.....Dale

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 01:42:34 PM »
11x6 night be a better choice. XOAR makes soma super nice props for electric.
Full flight schedule? How is the battery consumption?
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline djmachinist10

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 08:50:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I think I will stick to the slightly cut down APC 11x5.5 pusher. I am getting 5.2 laps on 58 ft.
.015 lines with good line tension in the overhead maneuvers. I am using a 4S 2200 lipo which I have 25 percent battery capacity left after a 5 min. 20 second run. The plane is flying so nice, I do not want to touch it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 07:41:58 AM by djmachinist10 »

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 10:34:39 AM »
Hi Dale,
Nice looking model Dale, Great Job!  You might want to try the an 11 X 6 Prop that TDM suggested with a little longer lines (60’) the lap time should be at 5.0 to 5.1 for best all around performance.  You will find that the turns get very snappy at that speed.  It won’t seem like much of a difference, but it does make things really cool to watch it snap through a turn and lock into the flats.

Also, use only the Fancher hard point handle, set up so the handle is vertical at neutral.  It will seem a little different at first but after a flight or two it becomes a perfect fit between you and the model.  You can ask me how I know this?

Later,
Mikey

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 03:30:53 PM »
Hi Dale,
After reading your post again I noticed your using .018 braided lines, they are pretty heavy for a 37 ounce model.  You could be using at least .015 braided lines with a look at .012 would be should work even better.  I’m not sure what you have for tip weight in the model now but my thinking it could go down to make up for the larger size of lines.  My thinking is you could go down to 1/4 to 1/2 in total tip weight with excellent line tension all around.

Another thing is to consider a normal rotation prop, I think that the pusher prop is masking some of the flight performance gains and holding you both back.  Most of the pusher props I’ve tried they seem to push the nose of the model to the outside of the circle requiring the lead-out position to be moved forward to compensate for the  crabbing effect on the model.  With the proper set these pusher props are a good thing but getting the proper set up is tricky.  It takes a bunch of flights to find that out and trying different settings, i.e. lead-out position, tip weight, line length, and C.G. To make sure it all works together.

The P-Force XL is even better at 54 ounces with 4 cell 2700 pack and and the 6 cell 2200 pack all up weight of 56.5 ounces with active timer. 

Later,
Mikey
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:34:25 PM by MikeyPratt »

Offline djmachinist10

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 10:22:55 AM »
Mike, thanks for the comments. I misspoke on the lines, I am using 58’-0”x 0.015 lines. I going to try 0.012 lines next. I am building a second PF now. I would like to purchase your new PF plans with the new fuselage changes.
Thanks,
Dale

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 05:43:22 PM »
Dale,
I’ll put you on the list, there is about 20 now on the list, I’ll let you know when I send them out, hopefully at the of April, the plans are pretty much done along with the laser cut files, just need to finish the one I’m building and fly it.

Later,
Mikey

PS. If you can read a CAD file I can send you copy of the fuse mods for the PF-2.0.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:30:14 PM by MikeyPratt »

Offline djmachinist10

• New Pilot
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 11:19:35 AM »
Mike, I do have autocad and if that is what you use for your plans.....Dale
ajones195@comcast.net

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 12:34:29 PM »
Fellows the old DOC here.  I tried the .012 cable lines on my IC powered PF after using .018 on first flights and then going to .015 from then on.  To me here in the winds we some times get the .012 left a lot to be desired.  In fact I was flying in Wichita one year using .018 and wondering how they stayed together    If I would have had the attitude I do now the plane would have stayed in the car.  Now if I fly in a contest it is just for fun and to support the hosting club. D>K

By the way your plane looks great. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here