News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Primary Force 2.0  (Read 4002 times)

Offline MikeyPratt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Primary Force 2.0
« on: December 01, 2020, 08:07:09 PM »
Hi Guy’s,
Because of the heavy bala that availed right now, I decided it was time to upgrade the P-Force to make it a little lighter to compensate for the heavier Balsa wood.  Over all, it’s the same size but should built up to the mid 30’s

Things I changed,
Fuselage:  the fuse is now laminated 3/16” Balsa with lighting holes with cross bracing, then sheeted with 1/16 Balsa.  The Balsa sheeting is run at a 45 degree to the center line, the sheeting on the other side is installed at 45 degrees in the opposite direction.  This makes the completed fuse about 2 ounces lighter.

Stab & Elevators:  the stab & elevators are noe cut from 3/16 Balsa with a some lighting holes cut into them, but still very stiff when covered with film and silkspan & dope. 

Wing:  the only change to the wing are a few lighting holes and relocating the suspended bell-crank.  This is much simple to build and install C/F pushrod in a almost straight line.

Electric conversion parts supplied including .2 mm laser cut firewall and battery box.  Also changing the instruction book with photo illustrated instruction steps.  Note:  You have the option of building the P-Force with either glow or electric powered.

There is still much work to do but I hoping for a release date end of March and I’ll try to have a build log on Stunt Hanger so you call all follow along.

Mike Pratt

Hi Guy’s
The cost of shipping has gone through the roof, so I have to do a rethink on Primary Force 2.0.  The last time  I shipped a PF short kit the cost was over $35.00 which is a long way from where I started offering the short kits.  From what I’ve found out the long box (36”) is the problem (or so they say) and reducing the length will drop the price for shipping.  So what I’m working on now it to try and fit everything into a 24” box by cutting the fuse in half, and removing the excess weed balsa round the laser cut parts, I know I can make that happen because the first kits I released were that way.  It also looks like the plan will have to be folded now as well.

Later,
Mikey Pratt

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:45:55 PM by MikeyPratt »

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Primary Force 2.0
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 08:12:59 PM »
Nice work Mike!  All the best.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 08:37:44 AM »
Nice work Mike!  All the best.

Thanks Crist,
I still thank there is plenty of light wood out there but we have to go back to the Good Old Day’s and search and pick what we can find and maybe save it. 

Later,
Mikey

Offline djmachinist10

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 10:00:01 AM »
Hi Mike,
I am having a good time with my Electric P-Force. It flys really nice. I am building a second P- Force now. When can you provide the updated plans and a kit?

Thanks,
Allen “Dale” Jones

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 07:05:57 PM »
Hi Mike,
I am having a good time with my Electric P-Force. It flys really nice. I am building a second P- Force now. When can you provide the updated plans and a kit?

Thanks,
Allen “Dale” Jones

Hi Dale,
The Primary Force 2.0 is a ways off yet but getting closer.  The main plan is almost finisher so I’m working on the laser cut files.  The fuse is laminated 3/16” Balsa, lighting holes braced with 3/32 X 3/8” Balsa, then Sheet with 1/16” Balsa at 45 degrees to the center line with the sheeting on the opposite side applied in the opposite direction.  This make an extremely stiff and light weight fuselage. 

The stab is now 3/16” Balsa with lighting hole.  The model will have both an electric and glow motor you can build, most will make it electric I think so it will include an electric front motor mount that is laser cut from plywood.   The Wing hasn’t changed but just a few more lighting holes.  All of the changes so far have saved 2-1/2 ounces over the previous version and I glassed the fuselage with .75 ounce glass cloth & epoxy.  With iron-on covering film and R/C car paint it still builds in the mid to low 30 ounce range with four cell 2200 mHa pack, Tallon ESC, K&R timer and 2820-12 970 KV Cobra or Bad Ass electric motors.

The next hill to climb is the photo illustrated instruction book.  Test flying will begin as soon as the weather allows just to make sure it performs as expected (I’m sure it will be great).

Mikey
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:16:17 PM by MikeyPratt »

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 02:00:00 PM »
Hi Dale,
The Primary Force 2.0 is a ways off yet but getting closer. 
Mikey

Mikey,

Any updates on the Primary Force 2.0?

Do you have the plans for the Primary Force 1.0 available and for sale?  I think I have enough light wood to build the Primary Force 1.0.

Thanks,
Joe Ed Pederson

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 06:12:34 PM »
Hi Joe,
I just found this, I’m sorry I did notice it sooner.  The PF 2.0 is coming along but I’m having trouble having the parts laser cut out of better wood.  However, if you have good wood in stock then just build a normal PF.  I can tell you there is only a few changes, the fuse is made from two laters of 3/16” balsa sandwiched together with a large lighting holejust behind the the wing opening, 1/8” X3/8” Balsa cross bracing is added to the inside of the fuse cut-out, then the sides are sheeted with 1/16” Balsa with the grain direction going at a 45 degree angle to the thrust line, the sheeting on the opposite side runs the grain in a opposing opposite direction.  The plywood doublers are now 1/16” plywood (if your running glow engines, leave the doublers at 1/8”)  Very light and very strong fuselage.

The stabilizer is now a solid piece of 3/16” balsa with three lighting holes on each stab half 1”, 3/4”, and .5” lighting holes.  The elevators are 3/16” balsa with both the trailing edge of the stab and elevators are rounded the same.  Not many changes really but it does save weight.

Let me know if I can help you with a few drawing,

Later,
Mikey

PS,  If you have a light piece of 3/32” C- balsa use that for the rudder & fin, that also saves a small amount of weight.

Advertise Here
Tags: plans and kit 

Advertise Here