Vendors Corner > Mikey's models

Primary Force 2.0

<< < (2/2)

Joe Ed Pederson:

--- Quote from: MikeyPratt on February 19, 2021, 07:05:57 PM ---Hi Dale,
The Primary Force 2.0 is a ways off yet but getting closer. 
Mikey

--- End quote ---

Mikey,

Any updates on the Primary Force 2.0?

Do you have the plans for the Primary Force 1.0 available and for sale?  I think I have enough light wood to build the Primary Force 1.0.

Thanks,
Joe Ed Pederson

MikeyPratt:
Hi Joe,
I just found this, I’m sorry I did notice it sooner.  The PF 2.0 is coming along but I’m having trouble having the parts laser cut out of better wood.  However, if you have good wood in stock then just build a normal PF.  I can tell you there is only a few changes, the fuse is made from two laters of 3/16” balsa sandwiched together with a large lighting holejust behind the the wing opening, 1/8” X3/8” Balsa cross bracing is added to the inside of the fuse cut-out, then the sides are sheeted with 1/16” Balsa with the grain direction going at a 45 degree angle to the thrust line, the sheeting on the opposite side runs the grain in a opposing opposite direction.  The plywood doublers are now 1/16” plywood (if your running glow engines, leave the doublers at 1/8”)  Very light and very strong fuselage.

The stabilizer is now a solid piece of 3/16” balsa with three lighting holes on each stab half 1”, 3/4”, and .5” lighting holes.  The elevators are 3/16” balsa with both the trailing edge of the stab and elevators are rounded the same.  Not many changes really but it does save weight.

Let me know if I can help you with a few drawing,

Later,
Mikey

PS,  If you have a light piece of 3/32” C- balsa use that for the rudder & fin, that also saves a small amount of weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version