Vendors Corner > Mikey's models

P-Force XL

(1/7) > >>

MikeyPratt:
Attached is an colored AutoCad rendition.  It is a bigger version of the Primary Force with a 58" wing span and 644 sq. in. of wing area.  Powered with either glow or electric.   .46 to .51 glow, or E-Flighr to 25 along with a 5 cell 2700 mHl pack.

The P-Force XL has many new features such as, thicker wing, stabilizer triplets, wing or fuse mounted landing gear.  The profile fuse is built-up that is very stiff and strong, and light weight.  It resist tail twisting in ruff weather that is common to many profile fuselage models.  This provides crisp, and sharp corners with a sold feel and grove.

Hope you like the P-Force XL,  Mikey

scott v.:
Hi Mike,  Will Plans/kits be available ?

Thanks, Scott

MikeyPratt:

--- Quote from: scott v. on February 13, 2016, 04:47:42 PM ---Hi Mike,  Will Plans/kits be available ?

Thanks, Scott

--- End quote ---

Hi Scott,
The plans are close to being done, I have the prototype laser cut wing that I building to make sure everything fits as it should.  If all goes well maybe April but I don't release kits until I'm sure they're good to go. I've had so many inquires about the XL, I posted a thread so people could see what it looks like.

What do you think about it and how does it look to you?

Later,
Mikey

Tim Wescott:
It looks good.

I'm not going to be building much other than PA ships for a while, so treat this as you would any other arm-chair coaching:

Having read a bunch of threads pertaining to profiles, and having competed with profiles here in the Pacific Northwest, I think you might want to consider making a 1/2" thick fuse version and a 3/4" fuse version, or include enough bits to make both.  Why?  Because if you put the extra 1/4" in the inner structure where it doesn't add much weight, the thicker fuse version will be a lot stiffer.  In those parts of the world that allow it, it's what people will want.

Just my $0.02...

wwwarbird:

Psst, hey Mikey, you might want to go back edit your title to the post here.

Plane looks great, and it should be a great performer. y1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version