News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:23:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nothing  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Don Chandler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Nothing
« on: July 28, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »
Both kits arrived yesterday!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:45:30 AM by Don Chandler »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 10:24:48 AM »
Hope you got a tracking number.  The USPS is going to pots with this virus thing shutting things down.  Also clerk at my local USPS station stated part of problem is hiring new people to fill vacancies of people claiming to be sick and getting sick pay. Took a month to get package from Monee ILL. to Shawnee KS. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 08:07:07 PM »
It's not a mail thing Doc, I'm out $300+ from more than a year ago.  Hope Mike is better now, but also hope no one else sends money expecting something for it.
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 08:24:38 PM »
So, a year is a long time. I have to wonder what kind of communication has transpired. We lose stuff in our shop occasionally and time slips by.  always try to make things right. Have you asked for your money back?
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 09:32:06 PM »
So, a year is a long time. I have to wonder what kind of communication has transpired. We lose stuff in our shop occasionally and time slips by.  always try to make things right. Have you asked for your money back?

Mark, I drove to St. Cloud (unannounced) and visited Mike.  We used to be flying buddies in the '70s, I've known him many years - thought the world of him and his ex-wife Barb, and wish him the best.

Stuff happens.  Mike has been through some rough times and looked like hell - that was back around January I think.  My loss isn't the end of the world; I've let others down far too often.  But when Don reported a problem, I felt it only fair to give others some warning.  I hope others will understand.
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 01:25:34 PM »
If this is the Mike I'm thinking of, I've known him for many years.  First met at the old Sky Devils contests at Swope Park Missouri.   He has been through a lot.   A year is a long to let some thing go, especially for that amount of money.  So if you waited this long to bring out in the open I blame you for not getting it resolved much sooner. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 02:24:52 PM »
If this is the Mike I'm thinking of, I've known him for many years.  First met at the old Sky Devils contests at Swope Park Missouri.   He has been through a lot.   A year is a long to let some thing go, especially for that amount of money.  So if you waited this long to bring out in the open I blame you for not getting it resolved much sooner. D>K

Oh pleeeeeez Doc!  He's not someone I know, he's a GOOD FRIEND of many years.  And I've been assured he was working on the projects we agreed on, NOT supplying kits.  Better to be informed than to think we know it all ...  I've been WITH HIM about 4 times in the past year!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:32:55 PM by AirClassix »

Offline Don Chandler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 11:55:02 AM »
Never got a tracking number. The kits were never sent. I've called him, left messages, PM via this forum , even copied his PM to me from last May saying he got the check and mailed it to him with a note attached. Then nothing. No return phone calls, no more PM, nothing. I get that stuff happens to peoples lives but if you can no longer continue with what you have been doing for years then let us know before we send out our hard earned money only to receive nothing. I do hope Mike gets it together.

Don

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here