News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My latest Primary Force trike gear  (Read 2033 times)

Offline djmachinist10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
My latest Primary Force trike gear
« on: November 30, 2021, 04:35:27 PM »
I just finished my second PF:
Cobra 2814-12, Castle lite 50 ESC, Hubin FM-9 timer & Thunder Power 4S-2200 Lipo
57 ft. 0.012 lines, weight ready to fly is 37 oz. 11x6 prop, 5.2 laps
Nose has a removable cheek cowl that hides the Electronics (Tom Morris Style)
Covering is Polyspan, automotive Paint.
She flys great just like my previous Blue PF......Dale

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: My latest Primary Force trike gear
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 04:54:15 PM »
I just finished my second PF:
Cobra 2814-12, Castle lite 50 ESC, Hubin FM-9 timer & Thunder Power 4S-2200 Lipo
57 ft. 0.012 lines, weight ready to fly is 37 oz. 11x6 prop, 5.2 laps
Nose has a removable cheek cowl that hides the Electronics (Tom Morris Style)
Covering is Polyspan, automotive Paint.
She flys great just like my previous Blue PF......Dale

Nice!

And the wingspan is?

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 09:59:01 AM »
Hi Dale,
That looks great, good job!  The weight is Awesome and I’m sure it will provide many hours of fun.  I’ve often want to build one with a trike gear but haven’t got around to it yet.  Ive also looked into vacuum formed cheek cowl on the inboard side of the fuse for the same reason.  Of course a glass molded version would be lighter but the cost would be much lower as well.  How do you like the power system combo your using?  How does it handle the wind in the verticals & overhead’s? 

Thanks for sharing that and keep up the good work,
Mikey

Offline djmachinist10

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 07:41:40 AM »
Mike, the power is plenty, the line tension is excellent. I have not flown it much wind so far…..Dale

Hi Dale,
That looks great, good job!  The weight is Awesome and I’m sure it will provide many hours of fun.  I’ve often want to build one with a trike gear but haven’t got around to it yet.  Ive also looked into vacuum formed cheek cowl on the inboard side of the fuse for the same reason.  Of course a glass molded version would be lighter but the cost would be much lower as well.  How do you like the power system combo your using?  How does it handle the wind in the verticals & overhead’s? 

Thanks for sharing that and keep up the good work,
Mikey
[/quote]

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here