News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:52:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS 25 LA venturi  (Read 3670 times)

Offline WR Crane aka MrClean

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
OS 25 LA venturi
« on: April 13, 2017, 06:27:18 PM »
I have an OS LA 25 CL version on a Brodak Ringmaster and I can't get it settled down.  I have a FP on my that coroplast and aluminum Balloon Buster and it's fine so I was confused.  Then I remembered the FP has an RC carb on it with that itty bitty hole and this is a Big Venturi on the LA with a remote needle valve.  Do you make a small holed venturi for the LA?  I remember someone saying go to a Big Box store and by a spacer or something out of the weird parts bins they have and that the center hole is just right for easy draw and no run away.  I did put tounge muffler pressure on it and it steadies it out quite a bit but it still isn't rock stable like the carbed version. 

Online James Lee

• Captain
Re: OS 25 LA venturi
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:55:57 AM »
WR
I am sure that your 25 will benefit from a smaller venturi.....   And Lee Machine Shop has them in stock.
Check your email...
Thanks
Jim

• 2018 Supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:16:46 PM »
I checked my email, then.  I saved it to the saved folder, then.  I didn't get around to it because that Ringmaster fly a thon happens next month AND can't find the email, cost per venturi and NVA cost to replace the remote.  I also said I needed to count how many.  Two would be the magic number.  The one I use on the CoroBuster has an RC carb and all the power I need for that.  Email me again, I'll post the check.  Also, the address would be good.  I don't have it listed.

Online James Lee

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 07:58:12 PM »
WR
Check your email again.....   hopefully it hasn't changed!
Thanks
Jim

• 2018 Supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »
Ya'd think it'd get here at mrclean417@gmail.com in a little over 2 hours but it wouldn't be the first time Mr. Google has taken a while to deliver to me in a short while.  I'll spec it in the morning.  the old email that had kc.rr.com in it is gone.  Checked this forum email button and it has the right link.  I had the old one for ages.

• 2018 Supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 07:57:15 PM »
Finally got the Venturi in, put four flights in on it, way rich the first one but 3 that were nicely lean, just little the little 25 spin up and stay there.  Also put a heavy hub on the front to calm down those silly Ringmaster throws.  This only because the muffler I had for it was the wrong thread for the bolts I had (from the tounge muffler on it now)  I'll get the correct bolts and swap mufflers, I think that will be a better match between extra twitchy and smooth rock. 

Anyways, the motor isn't a problem now, just some flappy monokote.  Ready for next weekends Flyathon. 

Thanks.

Online James Lee

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 09:48:31 AM »
WR  AKA Mr Clean
And to think, it only took a year and a half...!!   LL~ LL~ LL~
Good to hear its working.
Thanks
Jim

Advertise Here