News:

• May 07, 2024, 01:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: We've lost another - Bob Crusan (That 1/2A Guy)  (Read 1332 times)

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
We've lost another - Bob Crusan (That 1/2A Guy)
« on: January 28, 2014, 08:20:07 AM »
Sent to me today by Nikki:

"Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news but I was informed this morning that Bob Crusan (That 1/2A Guy) passed away at 4:30 this morning (Jan. 28th).

There has been no arrangements made as of yet but as soon as I get word I will pass it along to you.

Please keep Bob’s wife Sally in your thoughts and prayers during her time of need."

This truly saddens me. Bob was a great guy and fun to be around.
I'll miss him.

Bob Z.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:56:42 AM by Robert Zambelli »

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
Re: We've lost another.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »
Very sad news Bob (aka the 1/2 A guy) was a really nice guy. I was fortunate enough to spend some time with him when I lived in Ohio.

Godspeed Bob.

Derek

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:20:06 AM »
The sad news came my way this morning that Bob," That 1/2 A Guy" Crusan had passed away. I am the one who gave him that handle and was a fellow Club member for almost 20 years with The Skylarks of Sharon, PA. Bob was a life long mechanic who was special in that he always got the really hard jobs to diagnose and fix! His talent showed up in his innovative models and methods.

Bob was a CD who took over the reigns of his Club's Fly In after I left. He was a very able administrator. In addition he was a dear friend and confidant. When I came home from my own health troubles last fall he was the first to call and offer support.

His Scale efforts at the Brodak FlyIn were legendary. He won a trophy there with is 1/2A Auto Gyro early on!

In spite of his mighty effort to overcome the effects of stroke he is now flying with the angles.
Rest in Peace dear friend.

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Joe Just

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
I first met Bob at the Carrier circle at Brodak's. He was funny and skilled and a joy to talk with. Before his stroke he and I would usually and frequently, talk via phone.  His humor was evident when one day my wife was looking at a note near the computer that said 'Bob Crusan, the 1/2 A guy' and with a lack of knowledge she asked me what made him a half a guy.  I passed that on to Bob and laughed for some time. Going to the Carrier circle at Brodak's in the future will just not be the same.  I miss him and realize we all that knew him are the lesser now that Bob is gone.
I believe this is one of Bob's outstanding Scale/ Carrier planes.

Joe Just

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:46:03 PM by Joe Just »

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
arrangements for Bob Crusan's services
Arrangements are under the care of the Goble Funeral Home and Crematory, 330 Wood Street, Clarion, where visitation will be held from 3-6pm on Thursday, January 30 and again from 10-11am on Friday, January 31. Funeral services will be held at the funeral home at 11:00am on Friday with Rev. Randy Evans, Clarion-Forest VNA Hospice Chaplain, officiating. Military honors will be accorded by American Legion Post 66 of Clarion. Interment will follow in the Cedarview Memorial Park. 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here