News:

• May 03, 2024, 03:19:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very sad news Allen Brickhaus  (Read 36252 times)

Offline Gary Hajek

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Very sad news Allen Brickhaus
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2013, 03:53:31 PM »

Allen always with a smile and a wonderfull joke to tell you , When I was flying Allen and I went to Meany contests tog eather and talked weekly and after I bought a comput or we sent emails back and fourth every day.I will miss his friendship Gary Hajek

It will take Meany Meany people to do what you have done for us for so many years.

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2014, 09:25:55 AM »
I have been away from the computer for a few days and just came across this post late last night.  I was so shocked I called Dan McEntee around 11:30 pm praying it was a mistake.  Allen and I emailed almost daily, talked on the phone weekly if not several times a week.  He has stayed in our home, shared many memories and special times, more than I could mention.  He had a special relationship with our son Ben, he truly loved him.  He was family to us, probably closer to us in many ways.  He was a like a Dad to me.  We spent many evening talking about life and some of the things we were working through.    I just spoke with him just before Christmas and as usual he was going 100 mph with travel, substitute teaching, working with the Patton Street Pirates, and builds.  I think Bob Hunt put it best when he wrote Allen was as close to an angel on earth he has ever met.  Anyone who ever had the blessing to meet Allen always came away the better for it.  We were truly blessed with a great friendship and it all started ( in 1993) when I called him after reading his profile Mustang article in FM.  In the years since he has answered more questions than I could count (many of them more than once) and was always patient and teaching.   My family and I are truly heart broken and will keep Mrs. Kathy in our prayers.  Allen we love you and will see you again when we reach that shore.  Rest in Peace, I know God welcomed you home with job well done.

James, Beth and Ben
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:40:02 PM by James Mills »
AMA 491167

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2014, 07:45:04 AM »
Yesterday Gary Hajek and I went to the funeral home To pay our last respects and say good by to a old friend. Jim Lynch and Charles Reeves along with their wives we present. So Stunt Hangar said its last goodbye. It was very touching to see his airplane and slide show. He had touched many lives many kids from his class had shown up.

The Paducah contest will go on in his memory with Charles Reeves at the helm. However Charley will need some help. This is and lets hope to continue a great contest.

I am not sure anyone yet realizes the hole this will leave in the control line community.

Today he will be laid to rest. Tight lines..
AMA 12366

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2014, 09:27:40 AM »
Yesterday Gary Hajek and I went to the funeral home To pay our last respects and say good by to a old friend. Jim Lynch and Charles Reeves along with their wives we present. So Stunt Hangar said its last goodbye. It was very touching to see his airplane and slide show. He had touched many lives many kids from his class had shown up.

The Paducah contest will go on in his memory with Charles Reeves at the helm. However Charley will need some help. This is and lets hope to continue a great contest.

I am not sure anyone yet realizes the hole this will leave in the control line community.

Today he will be laid to rest. Tight lines..

Thank you for the update Sparky. It is most certainly a HUGE loss for our modeling family. I know that every member of my family is grieving. Allen was very special to us, as he was to so many others.

Derek

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2014, 09:34:13 AM »
Rest in peace my friend.

Offline Joseph Lijoi

• Commander
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »
Amen, Bob.

I can only second an earlier suggestion that those who can do so visit Allen's facebook page and read the outpouring of love, memories and expressions of heartfelt regret from his many former music students in band and chorus in Golconda.  This was a man who made lifelong impressions on young minds which made them better adults...heck...just plain better people.  People more than willing to wear their hearts on their sleeves and say thanks to a special guy.  Reading their thoughts about Allen has brought tears to my eyes several times today.

There are going to be a lot of toy airplane get togethers in our collective futures that just won't quite be the same.

Ted Fancher

This is a beautiful sentiment of a life well lived.  Rest in peace Mr. Brickhaus.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »

if u look back at all these post's, it took a Very Special person to be able to touch so many people .Allen has done more in one life time than most could do in three.  as u look back ,he made each and every one of us feel special when he was talking with us,  he called me Christmas morning just to check up on me with best wish's for the coming year and find out what i had going for the new year.
  he was always easy to call with a question ,and u knew the answer was not going to be short. i am not a hero worshipper but Allen was at the top of a very short list  God Speed Allen
rad racer

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2014, 04:45:20 PM »
2013 Nats
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Advertise Here
Tags: