Announcements > In Memory of our friends

...Tough News... Charlie Melancon has passed.

(1/1)

Bootlegger:
  Fellows this is something that I hate to post,
 This morning Charley Melancon passed away...
 He had gone flying with John Violette and I this morning, at about 9-9:30 he got in his car and went home. Some short time later one of his grandsons came out and told John about his death, then John called and told me.
  I know that he helped a lot of modelers through the years, and I will miss him as he was a really good friend...
 He is survived by his wife Betty and 5 children plus numerous grand and great grand children.
 I know that his family would like for us to remember them in our prayers...
  Thanks,

phil c:
well darn it all.  He was one of the nicest guys I ever met around the combat circles.  My condolences to Lou and the rest of the family.

Bill Little:
My prayers and thought are for Lou and the family.  I never met Charley, but I have met Lou.  So sad to hear of a "good guy" passing away among us.

Bill <><

john e. holliday:
If this is the same person that hung around the racing circles at the NATS, he will be missed.   DOC Holliday

Robert McHam:
I wish I could say I knew him but alas I did not. At least one of the last things he ever did was to go flying which I take it was near and dear to him.

One thing I hope for myself is that it can be said that one of the last things I did was to go flying...

My condolences, Robert

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version