News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:25:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tom Zon  (Read 1919 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tom Zon
« on: August 18, 2022, 04:24:52 PM »
We have lost another good friend and Fine Modeler .Tom past away Monday night.
rad racer

Offline Ron Duly

• 22 supporter
  • Lieutenant
Re: Tom Zon
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 11:28:48 PM »
Tom was certainly one of the good guys.  Tom would call and always talk to my wife first.  Most friendly guy you'd ever want to meet.  Combat was his first love and he spent more than his share of time helping run combat matches.  After he moved to Florida he would call and we'd compare Ca vs. FLA: earthquakes/fires/drought vs. hurricanes.  Way back, when he worked for Continental Airlines here in California, he convinced a bunch of us to fly to Chicago for the Aero Challenge.  Tom arranged for our model boxes to get special treatment.  It was a weekend to remember.  I will miss him.  RIP my friend.   

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 04:39:04 PM »
As for me and the little group of flyers he chose to spend and share his time with, his loss will be felt by each and every one of us. 

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 11:30:49 PM »
Though we lived less than 25 miles apart,life's priorities kept us from seeing each other over the past seven or more years.
A lesson here, we are all aging, don't put off the possibility of seeing old friends often)
We first met over 22 years ago. Tom was great at sharing memories and offering to help whenever possible.
Rest in peace my friend!!
Roger Vizioli

To the Figure Niners in T'VILLE, I plan to drive up to see you all in the near future.
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 03:34:36 PM »
Tom would call me about once a year to tell me jokes.  We had some good times.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline David Markley

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 05:42:47 AM »
I just read here that Tom passed away back in August.  I will miss him, he was as nice a man as I have ever met.  I met Tom at Astronaut High School when a bunch of guys were flying there.  He invited me to his place and he showed me his garage which would rival most hobby shops.  I told him I was starting to fly C/L and he gave me a OS 40 FP to get me started.  He would call me about once a month for the next 20+ years. He will surely be missed, RIP My Friend

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here