News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:49:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tom Knoppi has passed away....  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tom Knoppi has passed away....
« on: January 02, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »
Got an email today from a reliable source that said Tom's Obituary was in Sunday's newspaper, which would have been Dec. 27 Seattle Times. You can post a message to his guest book at the bottom of the obit.  https://obituaries.seattletimes.com/obituary/thomas-knoppi-1081303450

Tom was an avid F2C racer, was on the USA F2C team at least once, and went to several European WC's, plus one trip to PRC, from my memory. He was a member of the Strat-O-Bats and later the NW Skyraiders for many years. Tom was a paraplegic since a car accident in 1990 and spent the last 10 or so years in the Old Soldier's Home in Orting, WA, until his passing Nov. 18.  :'( Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline John Leidle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Tom Knoppi has passed away....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 10:43:00 AM »
   Met Tom in the early 90s, he helped me get started setting up my Milling machine  , always upbeat .
                  Was a pleasure to know Tom ,   John L.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here