News:

• April 18, 2024, 01:46:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Steve Schlesser  (Read 17120 times)

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
Steve Schlesser
« on: April 07, 2015, 01:48:31 PM »
I found out last night that Steve Schlesser has passed away.
According to his brother Pete, Steve suffered a stroke recently and just never recovered.
I met Steve when he was a customer of The Hobby Superstore and I provided him some encouragement as he built several Stiletto 35s.
He was so enthusiastic I truly liked being around him. I think he really enjoyed some of my old stories and he always prodded me into those conversations. I wish I knew more about him but I suppose it doesn't matter now.
I know Steve and Pete attended several of the Brodak contests but Steve seemed more at ease flying out at Markham Park with his brother Pete, Sonny Clark, Ken Cerney and a few others on their weekly flying sessions.
I sure hope he can find some good fuel at his new flying field!
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Steve Schlesser
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 08:45:31 PM »
Sorry about the loss of your friend.  I didn't know him - don't recognize the name - although it seems we're all starting to leave Earth at a somewhat alarming rate lately.

m.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 09:53:20 PM »
Sorry for your loss.
As a guy a bit younger than some here, I have lost only a couple good friends so far, but I can see the writing on the wall.

Make sure to tell your family and flying buddies how much they mean to you while you can. A good reminder to all.
Love the Stiletto design. I hope to scratch one from plans eventually.
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »
The saddest thing about Steves passing was the fact he wasn't an old guy. I'm 69 and pretty sure he was probably 10 years or so younger than me and still went to work every day. He never made it to retirement and have the opportunity to give his own mortality some thought.
It just reinforces my belief to do your best each and every day. Hug the ones you love and just avoid the ones you don't.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 10:03:47 AM »
I never knew about Steve's stroke. This is happening all too often recently. I'd like to call Pete, but it might be too soon.

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 10:33:10 AM »
I called Pete. He seemed happy that I called. This type of thing is happening so often that it's getting depressing. It makes me wonder when my time will be up. Sometimes we have a warning, sometimes there is no warning. We need to be prepared.

ChrisSarnowski

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 07:55:53 AM »
I remember meeting Steve and Pete at Brodaks. I am sorry to hear of Steve's passing. My condolences to Pete and the Schlesser family.

-Chris

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 10:29:42 AM »
Wow I just stumbled on this thread. I met Steve and Pete at Brodaks several years ago. He was a great person. I was looking for him this year at Brodaks. He will be missed.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:23:18 AM by Paul Taylor »
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »
Man I hate to hear that they are both good guys, Steve sure like you plane Less ,Steve was always working to get better with it. Condolence to the family from both Colleen and me.
Joe Gilbert

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 10:02:03 AM »
Thanks for sharing this about your friend in Modeling!

Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here