News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:10:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ED CAPITENELLI  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Roy DeCamara

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
ED CAPITENELLI
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:09:10 AM »
I regret to inform all that Eddie Capitenelli, long time control modeler in Tucson, passed away this evening, Wednesday March 28, 2018.  Eddie battled cancer for many many months.  He no longer suffers now.  Thank you Eddie for being my friend.  We had some good laughs over the years.  Rest now................Roy

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: ED CAPITENELLI
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:47:22 AM »
I knew this was coming, and I was dreading the day. I knew Ed for many, many years and we did a lot of building and flying together when he lived in New Jersey. We had been talking a lot of late on the phone and he was prepping me I think for this day. Eddie was a great and always loyal friend, and I only hope I was the same to him. He was a great builder/finisher, but more importantly a great guy. He was a decorated Marine, and he was always proud of his service to our country.

Rest now in God's hands Eddie.

Bob Hunt

Offline dennis choate

• 23 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 06:41:29 AM »
So sad,Ed will be missed

Offline Gene O'Keefe

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 07:37:20 AM »

:  -  (
Gene O'Keefe
AMA 28386

Offline Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 08:08:17 AM »
Ed battled cancer courageously and refused to curtail his modeling activities.  He came to the flying field whenever possible to visit and sometimes fly despite his pain.  He will be missed

Lou Wolgast is an incredible friend and took a lot of time and effort to make Ed and Peggy’s life easier in the past years.

Jim Hoffman
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:55:09 PM by Jim Hoffman »

Offline Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
Ed was a true friend. He will be missed.

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 01:13:22 PM »
I've known Ed since our days in the Garden State Circle Burners. He was one of those special people. Our prayers go out for Ed and Peggy.
AMA 7544

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 04:33:09 PM »
I regret to inform all that Eddie Capitenelli, long time control modeler in Tucson, passed away this evening, Wednesday March 28, 2018.  Eddie battled cancer for many many months.  He no longer suffers now.  Thank you Eddie for being my friend.  We had some good laughs over the years.  Rest now................Roy

Hi, Roy - I can't say fro sure but  think I met him once.
By any chance, was he ever at the Brodak Fly-In?

Bob Z.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 07:07:58 PM »
Eddy was my friend for many years here in Tucson.  It's difficult to imagine flying here without him.

Fair winds and tight lines my friend.  I know the other's in Stunt Heaven are very happy to have you with them!

The quality of airplane finishes there has just got a boost!

Hope to see you there one day!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline JackComer

• 24 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »
I had the pleasure of having Ed as a close friend and mentor since I moved to Tucson over ten years ago.  He was always available to answer my building and finishing questions.  He always supported and encouraged me in my building and flying (as bad as it was).  I will forever miss him.

Your pain is over and you can now enjoy flying in those heavenly skies.  God  speed Ed. 
Jack Comer
AMA 129715

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
Ed & Peggy were great friends.  Twice, they welcomed me into their home for several days while recovering from minor surgery.  Ed was a kind, considerate, loving man -- and I miss him.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline eric rule

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 07:11:26 PM »
I spoke to Ed early this month so was expecting to hear this. Although I am sad to see him go at least he is no longer in pain. 

Both he and Peggy have been my very good friends for a lot of years. I will certainly miss Eddie's friendly face and our long conversations during my visits to Tucson and our telephone calls.

Fair winds and tight lines my friend!

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 02:06:09 PM »
I was introduced to Ed Cap by our friend Eric Rule, when i was building Ed´s masterpiece STARDUSTER. We have emailed each other for months and traded experiences and tips on the plane, Ed was a true gentleman, a really nice person that unfortunately i missed the chance to meet in person, but his friendly emails put us close. He was a true builder and flier and as far as i know he was into models up to the last months. a great craftsmans and will be missed.
 attached picture is part of his amazing planes
BTW his name is Capitanelli ( i have painted his name on my model)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here