News:

• April 16, 2024, 01:33:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RIP BILL MOHRBACHER  (Read 1430 times)

Offline BOB ALLAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
Re: RIP BILL MOHRBACHER
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 08:58:21 PM »
Bill was a fixture at Brodak's where He ran old Ignition engines. Most notably, the infamous GHQ's. Getting a stock GHQ to run is a great accomplishment. Bill had an engaging personality, and was a joy to be around.

Farewell, my friend.
De Hill

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 06:01:17 AM »
          I received this sad news Friday evening from a fellow modeller in the U.K.. Sad news indeed and Bill will be missed. I last saw Bill this past Thanksgiving at a swap meet we both have attended for several years. Bill was a great educator of the hobby and would stop at nothing to take a minute and explain his knowledge of engines. Bill always had terrific articles to post on here that he's put together such as the chronological differences of the Fox engines.   Ken

Online Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 06:40:03 AM »
Sad to hear of the loss of this engine expert and control line flyer.  Based on reading his posts here, sounds like he got a lot of enjoyment out of engine collecting.  On his way to swap meets, you can even read that he asks folks what they would like to see from his collection.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/garden-state-circle-burners-swap-meet-55166/msg568888/#msg568888

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 08:42:54 AM »
Bill was a fun guy to hang out with at Brodak's , A very knowledgable engine guy that would always help with my questions, his display at Brodak's had every version of fox 35  from first to last . Including import clones ,,,

He stayed at the same hotel at Brodak's as our group, We ate breakfast with him every morning before going to The field.. Good times

Like the other friends that have left us too soon, We wil miss him
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 10:49:45 AM »
Bill was great. We’ve lost a treasure. His encyclopedic understanding of model airplane engines was a treat to experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 12:36:54 PM »
A sad day. I never met him in person, but have read much of his engine knowledge. Engine collectors are my kind of people and as the pass on we lose a lot.
Jim Kraft

Offline George Waters

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 08:08:17 PM »
Bill was a nice man. I had an engine that I couldn't identify. I showed it to him at Brodaks last year and he told me what it was, when it was made and what was missing. It was a James ignition engine. He said he would like to buy it if I wished to sell it. I sold it to him. At the nats last year he brought it to show me what it looked like restored. I will miss seeing him and his collection at Brodaks.  George

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 08:08:38 AM »
I am truly saddened by this news. Bill was a super friend who I got to know well once having moved to western Pennsylvania in 1991. I ran and operated many Fun Fly fly ins for the Skylarks of Sharon and bill was an annual attendee. I delighted in showing and selling him many of my Fox variants. He was honored by a gathering of many old friends  at the Brodak FlyIN last June. I will miss him profoundly.

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 11:25:40 AM »
At Brodaks in 2014. RIP

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »
There wasn't a nicer guy to be around and a fountain of knowledge.

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 09:03:08 PM »
Bill was both the president of the Model Engine Collectors Association and the Editor of the MECA Swap Sheet for 5 or 6 years. MECA is about the same size as Pampa, so you can imagine the time it took to handle these duties.  He only quit when His cancer became very bad.

Farewell, Bill.
De Hill

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here