Announcements > In Memory of our friends

Martyn Cowley, 1948-2013

(1/1)

Mike Keville:
In case you hadn't heard, the UK's Martyn Cowley (23 Oct 48 - 17 May 13) passed away last Friday - sudden heart attack.  A lifelong CL and FF flyer, Martyn was associated with the UK's 'Aeromodeller' magazine, and was instrumental in its recent resurrection which began earlier this year.

Mike Griffin:
Thanks for letting us know Mike.  I did not know the gentleman but we lost a member of our club just recently and it is sad to lose anyone at anytime in the hobby whether you knew them personally or not.  Most of us are reaching the Autumn of our lives and mortality smacks us in the face when we lose someone who was close.

Mike

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Mike Keville on May 23, 2013, 08:12:36 PM ---In case you hadn't heard, the UK's Martyn Cowley (23 Oct 48 - 17 May 13) passed away last Friday - sudden heart attack.  A lifelong CL and FF flyer, Martyn was associated with the UK's 'Aeromodeller' magazine, and was instrumental in its recent resurrection which began earlier this year.

--- End quote ---

That's a shame. I always enjoyed his stuff, seemed like the kind of all-around modeler I would like to have known.

Brett

Dan McEntee:
  I am familiar with the name also, and have read his articles in AeroModeler magazine quite a bit. Definitely a modeler that made his mark on the world.

Dan McEntee

Reptoid:
I posted this on Stuka Stunt and am reposting here for those who don't visit that forum.

Martyn was a great guy and will be missed by many.
He was on the U.K. combat team back in the 70's and was also on the U.S. free flight team (twice, I believe).He also flew R/C gliders and came out to Whittier Narrows sometimes when he was in town to fly 1/2A Combat with us.
He worked on many interesting RPV aircraft projects at AeroVironment and I'm sure will be sorely missed there as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version