News:

• March 19, 2024, 12:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mark Fechnor - Another great modeler passed today  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Gordan Delaney

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Mark Fechnor - Another great modeler passed today
« on: September 01, 2021, 07:57:43 PM »
Sorry to say my long time friend Mark Fechnor passed away this morning at 6:20. His daughter that was taking care of him called to let me know. Mark was the original designer of the the Big Twin called the Two Much,and also the twin Flight Streak. He also designed a rat racer back in the days when they where going about 110 to 115 mph. Mark had one that going 132mph. Side mount engine and cowled. He was top of line machinist.He will surely be missed by ever one that knew him. Met Mark when I was 16 yrs old. He is not in pain any more. My deepest thoughts and prayers for his children. He had ten of them.
Gordy
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:10:16 PM by De Hill »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Another great modeler past today
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 07:50:54 AM »
Sad to hear of the loss of another great modeler.  But as stated no more pain. :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Mark Fechnor - Another great modeler passed today
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 06:20:25 AM »
Hi Gordy:

Sad news indeed. I vividly remember receiving the issue of Flying Models in the mail that had you holding Mark's Two Much twin on the cover. That cover photo sparked a lifelong interest in twins and was what eventually led me to design, build and fly them. He inspired so many without even knowing it.

There is a line in the Jackson Browne song, "For a Dancer" that certainly applies here: "Into a dancer you have grown, from a seed somebody else has thrown. Go on ahead and throw some seeds of your own. And somewhere between the time you arrive and the time you go, may lie a reason you were alive, but you'll never know."

I didn't know Mark personally, but the seed he sowed certainly took root with me. My prayers are with his family, and with you, my old and dear friend, Gordan.

Bob Hunt   
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:53:20 AM by Bob Hunt »

Offline Gordan Delaney

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Mark Fechnor - Another great modeler passed today
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 04:50:14 PM »
Thank you Bob, Words truly spoken.
Gordy

Advertise Here
Tags: