News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jerry Neafus: A Tulsa Gluedobber Controline Flyer  (Read 1677 times)

Offline De Hill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Jerry Neafus: A Tulsa Gluedobber Controline Flyer
« on: November 20, 2020, 06:35:18 PM »
Jerry Neafus was born on October 27, 1943 in Bixby Oklahoma, and passed on November 12, 2020. Jerry was a Creek Indian, and loved to work with his hands. He Joined the Gluedobbers in the late 1980's and was an active member until 2016, when He moved over to the town of Spavinaw, by the lake. His health was beginning to fail, and He wanted to get some fishing in before He ended His days.

We flew on His families acreage when we left our flying field on the Arkansas river. We had our greatest  period of growth in those years. We gained an air conditioned clubhouse and a porta potty then. When His family decided to sell the land, we moved up to Bob Reeves front yard, where We presently fly.

Jerry loved to build and fly. He helped out anytime there was a project going on out at the field. He was very enthusiastic, and loved Ringmasters, Flite Streaks, Red Head McCoys and his beloved Foxies.

Jerry's funeral was on November 20, 2020. He was buried at the Bixby cemetary beside his beloved wife Wanda, who passed much to soon.

Goodbye, Jerry; you are missed by the 'Dobbers .

« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM by De Hill »
De Hill

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
Re: Jerry Neafus: A Tulsa Gluedobber Controline Flyer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »
Godspeed Jerry.

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »
Always happy in his presence, he always had a glad smile. The trip the Gluedobbers made to the VSC was a great time with Jerry. He was special, and we all will miss him.

Dale and Linda Gleason

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 07:44:32 PM »
I just saw this. Jerry was one of the most likeable guys you would ever meet, and a fine builder and flyer. He was just fun to be around. I am sure he will be missed by many.
Jim Kraft

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 11:07:23 PM »
When I had just started Jerry and his hand me downs kept me flying. Was a great guy that will be missed!!     Bryan Norton

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here