News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ginger Scarinzi - February 3, 1937 to December 3, 2021  (Read 2688 times)

Offline De Hill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Ginger Scarinzi - February 3, 1937 to December 3, 2021
« on: December 04, 2021, 09:46:48 PM »
Larry Scarinzi just called and told me that His wife Ginger passed away yesterday at their home in Whippany, NJ.
Larry and Ginger met in school, and she accompanied Larry and Red Reinhardt when they went flying. Ginger was a nice lady who was pleasant to talk to.

John Miske's wife Elaine once said that when Larry and Ginger met is when the pot found a lid.

Larry and Ginger were married when he graduated from college, and she accompanied him out to Burbank, California where he went to work for Lockheed as an engineer. He was drafted soon after and joined the USAF and Ginger followed along, becoming a service wife.

I just don't know what else to say, except she was a good friend to Ruby and me and I'm saddened that she has passed.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 08:29:20 PM by De Hill »
De Hill

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
Re: Ginger Scarinzi - December 3, 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 12:22:06 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this.
Ginger was indeed a pleasant person to be around.
 Had many good times at VSC and Brodaks with Larry and Ginger.
 R.I.P. Ginger. You will be missed.

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 05:57:03 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about her passing. I met Larry and Ginger at Brodak's and was fortunate enough to be at their 50th Anniversary party at Brodak's.  Great couple. 

Jim Catevenis
JCAT

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 08:07:42 AM »
   Sorry to hear of Larry's loss. I also met them at VSC over several visits. A great couple, when you think of one you always include the other, like without Ginger there is no Larry and vice versa. 
   With deepest sympathies,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 10:45:01 AM »
Ginger loved her ice cream....

Online Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 12:35:19 PM »
I think Tony had it right. Ginger was just pleasant to be around. She would put you at ease in a second. Just a warm and friendly lady. I am sure Larry will miss her greatly.
Jim Kraft

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 12:43:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about the passing of this wonderful lady. Larry will be lost without her.

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2021, 01:21:04 PM »
Very sad news, Ginger was very nice to talk to in person and on the phone.
Al

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 04:03:16 PM »
Sad to hear this as I first met Larry at my first Nationals in 64.  Met Ginger later at VSC.  One great couple. :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 09:27:30 AM »
I knew Ginger for nearly seventy years. Red Reinhardt worked for my dad in his younger days, and Larry Scarinzi was Red's best friend. Wherever Red was, Larry would soon turn up. I remember them playing with me on floor at my parent's house when I was just a very young child. They were my all-time heroes in the Stunt event. I remember when Ginger came onto the scene as Larry's girlfriend and then as his wife. Ginger was always at the field with Larry, and she was extremely warm and friendly to all the modelers there.

Larry and Ginger were a team for sure, and I can only imagine the feeling of profound loss that Larry must be feeling at this time. My most heartfelt condolences go out to my old friend in this time of loss.

Godspeed Ginger, you were a sister to a lot of us East Coast fliers. - Bob Hunt

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
Re: Ginger Scarinzi - February 3, 1937 to December 3, 2021
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 12:07:22 PM »
Ginger's service will be held on December 10 , at 7:30 pm at the Bradley - Braviak  Funeral Home on 49 Whippany Road, Whippany, NJ. The service will be live streamed. The link to the service will be posted on Friday, December 10.
De Hill

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2021, 10:56:20 AM »
Cannot say that I knew Ginger real well, but I will always remember that kind smile, as she shows in the posted picture.  God Bless Ginger, Larry and their family...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2021, 11:07:37 AM »
My wife, Marianne and I are just now getting ready to head out to the funeral home where the memorial service for Ginger will be held today.

Attached is a photo taken of Larry and Ginger with Larry's Gay Devil. It's circa 1958. They were an inseparable team in those days. I'm pretty sure they were married for more than 60 years...

Bob Hunt

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2021, 11:51:12 AM »
Edith "Ginger" Scarinzi's  funeral service will be held at the Bradley & Son funeral homes llc at 7 pm Eastern time ( 6pm central time) on Friday, December 10, 2021.

To view the livestream of the ceremony, Google Bradley & Son Funeral Home llc  Scroll down until you reach Edith "Ginger" Scarinzi's name. Underneath Ginger's picture you will see a link to the livestreamed ceremony.

This is a sad day.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 01:09:35 PM by De Hill »
De Hill

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 09:16:48 AM »
I watched Ginger's funeral yesterday. It was a catholic ceremony. I didn't recognize anyone at the funeral except Bob Hunt. They had a brief shot of Larry near the end.

Farewell, Ginger.
De Hill

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 04:48:27 PM »
Hi De:

There were a number of airplane guys there. Tom Hampshire, Frank Imbriaco, Jim Damerell, Mike Ostella, Roy Glenn, George Jones, Mike Cooper, Ron Testa, Tom Schaffer and perhaps one or two more. Marianne and I got there just after 4 PM and stayed for an hour or so and then went out for dinner. We returned for the memorial services at 7:30.

Larry appeared to be doing okay. A few of us will keep i close contact with Larry and we plan to take him out to lunch in a couple of weeks.

It's the end of an era for us East Coast guys as we knew Ginger for many, many years.

Not much more to say - Bob Hunt

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2021, 09:57:41 PM »
Hi Bob,

I watched the funeral through Bradley and Son'd streaming of the service. The camera was facing the front of the room. and very seldom moved. Before the service I could hear people in back talking, but could not see them.

I really feel badly for Larry. Ginger was everything to him.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:17:29 AM by De Hill »
De Hill

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2021, 07:13:31 AM »
Hi De:

That's for sure; Ginger was Larry's entire world. He'll need a lot of friends around from now on to help fill that un-fillable  void...

Fortunately, Larry has some local friends who will keep in close touch with him on a daily basis. And, he has a lot of friends in the region who will make sure he has a lot of human contact. Tom Hampshire has proposed that we all take Larry out to lunch very soon, and after that we will do a round robin sort of thing, each taking a turn at going up to see Larry on a regular basis.

One of Larry's closest friends is Kenny Wills, and Kenny is very devoted to Larry. Both Kenny and I were members of the Union Model Airplane Club as very young men, and Larry was our hero. He was a bigger than life character, and he spent a lot of time with all the kids in the club. We couldn't wait to get to the Thursday night meetings at either the field in summer, or at the Union Civic Center in winter. It seemed that Larry had a new, gorgeous original design model at the field every week. Of course that wasn't really the case, but it did seem like it! And, more often than not, Ginger was right there with Larry, launching his planes and being our "big sister." She was really a great person...

Don't worry too much about Larry, he's in good hands with his many friends...

Later - Bob Hunt   

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2021, 06:22:07 PM »
A Ginger Story

Larry told me that when he and Ginger were dating, she would go fly with him. One time when they were flying, the glow plug in his engine unscrewed and flew off the airplane. When he landed, he told Ginger that he didn't have another glowplug, and the flying session was over. Ginger said" just a minute ", and went out and found the glowplug. Larry looked at it and said"the washer came off too, and we still can't fly!" Ginger said" just a minute", and went out and found the washer in the grass!

Larry said even after they were married Ginger could find things when Larry couldn't.
Ginger had a gift for finding things!  (and an excellent memory)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 03:01:03 PM by De Hill »
De Hill

Offline Reuben MacBride

• Ensign
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 09:51:22 PM »
Larry sorry to hear of your loss. Reuben & Steven

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here