News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:09:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don Cranfill  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Tom_Fluker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Don Cranfill
« on: December 25, 2020, 08:05:44 AM »
This hurts to post.  Don is and always will be a great an example of friend, competitor, father, husband and grandfather.  For those not on facebook, Sheila has posted some remarkable statements of faith all while recovering from Covid herself.  Keep her and all of Don's family in your prayers, please. 

This from facebook written by Daniel’s wife (Don's Daughter-in-law) on Christmas eve.

Our family would like to share with everyone that Donald went to be with God today and to celebrate the eve of our Saviors birth with his brother. He waited until Sheila could be home with us and is surrounded by family. Donald knew Jesus as his savior and we have no doubt he is in Heaven today. I’m so grateful God allowed him to wait until Sheila came home.

My father-in-law is a rare gem y’all. He has been an amazing Dad to me over the past 21 years. I am blessed to have known him and honored to be a Cranfill. I will honor him by raising our kids the way he raised his wonderful sons. We covet your prayers and ask that you allow us time to process things the next few days. We will be celebrating Christmas to honor Donald’s wishes for us to be together as a family. ❤️

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Don Cranfill
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 08:14:52 AM »
This hurts to post.  Don is and always will be a great an example of friend, competitor, father, husband and grandfather.  For those not on facebook, Sheila has posted some remarkable statements of faith all while recovering from Covid herself.  Keep her and all of Don's family in your prayers, please. 

This from facebook written by Daniel’s wife (Don's Daughter-in-law) on Christmas eve.

Our family would like to share with everyone that Donald went to be with God today and to celebrate the eve of our Saviors birth with his brother. He waited until Sheila could be home with us and is surrounded by family. Donald knew Jesus as his savior and we have no doubt he is in Heaven today. I’m so grateful God allowed him to wait until Sheila came home.

My father-in-law is a rare gem y’all. He has been an amazing Dad to me over the past 21 years. I am blessed to have known him and honored to be a Cranfill. I will honor him by raising our kids the way he raised his wonderful sons. We covet your prayers and ask that you allow us time to process things the next few days. We will be celebrating Christmas to honor Donald’s wishes for us to be together as a family.
It really cuts deep...... Ill really miss him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 08:49:39 AM »
Praying for the family, Don was a true gentleman and a good friend of mine.
Rest in God’s hands.
Allen

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 12:08:36 PM »
This is sad to hear, especially this time of year.  But as stated the LORD has welcomed him home.   :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 03:40:46 PM »
Gone way too soon. Loved the whimsical names he gave some of his planes. Rest in peace.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »
Thank You Elwyn for the picture.  I read this this morning and was too shocked to speak.  I got to know these fine people much better this year with Sheila being the head tabulator for me at the Nats and partnering up with Don to fly in Dallas.  This was MUCH too soon to lose Don.  He will be missed by me and I know anyone who got to know him in this sport.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »
I hate to hear this news.  Don was a great guy to get to know and I feel Ben and I were blessed to get the chance to know him.  Praying for Shelia and the rest of the family, there is a blessing knowing where he is spending eternity.

James
AMA 491167

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 07:44:06 AM »
This is very sad news indeed. I'd only known Don for a few years, but found him to be a warm, friendly, engaging, and very talented individual. In watching him fly at the 2020 Nats I was amazed at how far he had come in such a short time in Stunt. Our fraternity is losing a lot of good people. The Stunt circles in heaven are experiencing long wait times between flights...

God Speed, Don. Rest now in God's Good Peace - Bob Hunt 

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 12:01:10 AM »
Like the other folks here I am truly saddened by the news about Don.

He was a true gentleman and a great competitor in control line Combat, Racing, and Stunt!

He will be missed on the CL circles.

Randy Cuberly

Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 08:42:25 AM »
I am so sad to hear this. My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. I knew Don as a fierce competitor and friend.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 02:51:57 PM »
I knew Don as a club member and as a competitor.    I will miss him greatly, he made contests fun and watching him go from a fairly good advanced flier to a top 20 shoe in in such a short time is a tribute to his skills.  The world needs more Don Cranfills, not less.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Jason Cunningham

• Ensign
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 06:17:10 AM »
 Total shock the news about Don!! His wife and family are in our prayers!! The Model Aviators of South Arkansas (El Dorado) Club will miss Don greatly always made the effort to make our Control Line contest for many years! Don even took home the Dist 8 Profile Stunt Trophy at our November contest this year!!  His memory will live on forever with our guys!!  Here are some pictures of Don...

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 09:22:38 PM »
Wow, this is terrible news.  I was just flying against/with him a few weeks ago in Tulsa :(

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2021, 01:55:55 PM »
I Can't believe that Don is gone from us! But I do know he is now with Christ , the very one he and Shelia were so deeply committed to. Don was a true competitor, but also a great sport. He was a fun character and many times was heard to say,"what ever," as a humorous retort to something said. Kathleen and I will miss him so much and the stunt community as well! Please keep Shelia in your prayers, she is recovering from covid at home and being watched over by her devoted family. She had a very close call herself and is still dealing with the after effects. Shelia is strong in faith and trust in the Lord, but also covets everyone's prayers so much.
       Doug 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here