News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clarence Lee-- Mr Veco  (Read 1467 times)

Online Guy Markham

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Clarence Lee-- Mr Veco
« on: December 30, 2022, 08:04:02 PM »
Just received a note from his son Jack Lee that his mom Peggy passed away Dec 21 and Clarence Dec 28. They had been married for 76 years. I had been friends for over 40 years and used his services all those years....Here is a picture of Clarence (one with the red hair) in the back ground and Peggy with their daughter at a So Cal stunt meet and yes, that is me at 16 years walking  away from the judges table.
You only have to floss the teeth you want to keep!

Online Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Clarence Lee-- Mr Veco
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 07:35:21 AM »
I also got the sad news last night.

Here is a link to a write up on him and his motors.   https://craftsmanshipmuseum.com/artisan/clarence-lee/

I am the proud owner of one of his custom motors.  Lee Custom 45, S/N 4507.  Number 7 of the 23 Custom 45's he built.
It's a beautiful unit, with quality and craftsmanship not often seen.

RIP Clarence Lee

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 10:22:26 AM »
This is sad news. Clarence wrote the engine clinic in R/C Modeler for years. He custom built engines and did specialty work for me. He replaced the spark plug threads in a few old ignition engines I have. His wife usually answered the phone and she was the sweetest person to talk to. You could tell she had great respect for Clarence.

His work was perfect and he never charged me enough. He had a grasp of engine knowledge that few possess. I am sure he will be missed by many people.
Jim Kraft

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 09:01:33 AM »
Not only a designer and expert on engines with many engine article contributions, Clarence Lee has quite a testimony being married for 76 years. It was said some years ago that half the US marriages end in divorce 3 years later. He exceeded that 25 times. AMA has a brief bio on him at:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/sites/default/files/LeeClarenceF.pdf

Written in 2000, it states the following:

Quote from: AMA
Today, Clarence laughingly refers to himself as semi-retired although he has not yet found a way to take things easier. In fact, busier than ever, Lee’s model engine business is now a full-time operation as he sells custom fit versions of engines in the K&B line. Having sold many thousands of engines over the years, the servicing, and repairing of these engines is almost a full-time operation in itself. Clarence admits that he continues the model engine business mainly to keep active, never having been a person who could sit back and do nothing.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 09:24:02 AM »
As my late neighbor gran ma Sigmend always told me, to live long you have to stay busy.   D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here