News:

• April 25, 2024, 08:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bob Werle passed away  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Bob Werle passed away
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:59:08 PM »
The bad news: Our friend and fellow Knight of the Round Circle Sir Bob Werle passed away Wednesday 2/4/2015 after a long illness.  Bob was probably not a legendary name in this hobby but he was a really good guy.  He was my Co-VP last year and he was absolutely the best Co-VP a guy could ever hope to have.  He will be missed.  Missed by those of us who are jealous of the fact that right this minute he is flying with Dale Kirn, Tom Lay, Bob Palmer, Hi Johnson, Bill Netzeband, Allen Brickhaus, Marvin Denny, Bob Gieseke, and so many other great flyers.  When he's done flying he'll wander down to a a fully stocked hobby shop and pick up an arm-load of 6-pound balsa of various grains and a brand new O.S. Max 35-S which Tom Lay will magic for him while they share a couple of brews, and Bob will commence building a new plane that will be straighter and lighter than any that came before.  God Speed Bob.

Warren Walker is going to take several pieces of empty rifle brass (.308?) and have them engraved and polished, then filled with Bob's ashes, capped with a brand new boat-tail and handed out to a few close friends.  And one of those tiny urns is going to go flying.  Installed in a plane that Warren and Dennis and I don't know who else built for Bob just before he passed, we're all going to take turns giving Bob a few last flights with the club.

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
Re: Bob Werle passed away
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:01:56 AM »
What a great tribute! I'm sure Bob is really going to enjoy the flights.

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »
Hi Paul,

I never met Bob and don't know if we ever communicated.  But, it is always sad to hear of a "Brother in C/L" passing away.  Sounds like he was a great guy!  My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.  And I think it is a great tribute y'all are going to do.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Online Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 08:44:05 AM »
Bob was the sparkplug behind the Knights of the Round Circle "Hollow Log" speed event. We will be renaming it in his honor.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Joe Gieseke

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 06:27:24 AM »
Its been a long time but I do remember Bob. Mostly I recall that my dad always spoke fondly of him. I hope Bobs family is well.

Joe G

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here