Bill Rich

(1/5) > >>

peabody:
I’m sorry to say that Bill passed Monday

Funeral Ceremony @ Hillsboro Memorial Cemetery at 1:00 pm. April 5th

2323 W. Brandon Blvd, Brandon, FL

He was a great guy!

EricV:
This really hits hard. I haven't flown in a while, taking a break... then Covid...then this. You couldn't ask for a nicer guy to fly with. Bill mentored me right up to giving the Nat's a shot. He put up with a lot of stupid questions and never told me to buzz off, and he was never afraid to just say "I don't know", which meant he never sent you down rabbit holes. I never saw anyone who liked to practice so much as Bill (except maybe Steve Fitton...), he doggedly pursued that perfect pattern. We would joke and cut up a lot, and he would laugh about his stunt callous from his Kaz handle that would inevitably form on his palm during all the practice right before the Nat's. This is a big loss for our club and to CL in general. Best wishes & sympathy to Shirley and the Rich family, he will be sorely missed.

EddyR:
  Hundreds of times it was just Bill and i at our private flying field. I do remember with how much fun it was.
 Miss you Bill
EddyR

Dave_Trible:
This news is like getting hit with a hammer today.  How terrible.
I met Bill around a decade ago when I returned to the Nats venue.  He wandered up while I was getting ready to put up a practice flight on the L pad.  He said "I'm Bill Rich-PAMPA president".  He jumped in to launch my airplane.  He asked where he could squeeze the airplane.  I told him anywhere he wanted to just like his girlfriend-just gently,  and we were fast friends since.  Two years ago he returned to the Nats , and made the Top 20.  I returned the greet "I'm Dave Trible-PAMPA president".  We had a belly laugh.  Bill taught me what it takes to make the grade in this event and that is to practice relentlessly.  You are at the field early and usually the last to leave.  I'll miss my buddy Bill.  Our sport will miss Bill.

Dave

Dennis Toth:
This is sad news. I saw Bill last at the Palmetto Contest. He will be missed.

Best,    DennisT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version