Announcements > In Memory of our friends

Bill Rich

<< < (2/5) > >>

Paul Walker:
So sorry to hear. Bill was a great guy.
My favorite memory of Bill is back 30 or so years. He was working his way up the stunt ladder and had finally made the top 20. Now, he really liked cobbler, and he would sneak out every day in the middle of competition to get some cobbler.
Well, when he made the top 20  he discovered that he couldn't leave the field at his regular time because he had to be there for both flights. So what did he do??

He brought a whole tin of cobbler to the field and ate it when he wanted. He shared some of it with his friends also, so nothing would go to waste! 

The ever resourceful Bill.

Will miss you buddy

RandySmith:
Such sad  news,  GodSpeed  my friend ,  you will  be  missed  and remembered

Randy

peabody:
Bill asked that I help dispose of his "stunt stuff"...
I got rid of most of it....thanks to those that helped...I'm certain that he was pleased.

I still have some left....I am going to round it up and offer it as a lot....with proceeds going to Dr. Sparky....

Watch the classifieds.

Thanks

Steve Fitton:
Bill was the best.  I will miss him a ton.

Bob Hunt:
Bill was one of those very rare individuals about whom you never heard a negative word. He was a gentleman and a sportsman, and, he was a lot of fun to be around.

I had been talking with Bill on the phone for the past couple of weeks, and even though he was presenting an outwardly confident and hopeful face, I just knew that this day was coming soon.

My favorite Bill Rich story dates back a few years to a very windy top 20 day at a Nats (2012 as I remember...). Bill had flown what he thought was a very bad second round flight and was putting his plane away in his car. He was sure he hadn't qualified for the Top-5. Well, the flight turned out to be not so bad after all. I had seen his score and walked over to him to congratulate him on making it to the final day of competition. He wasn't amused; he thought I was just busting his chops. "That's not funny, Bobby," he said. I assured him that it wasn't a joke and he went to the pavilion to check the scoreboard. When he saw that I wasn't kidding him he came right over to me, gave me a huge hug and apologized for snapping at me. I fully understood his initial reaction, but we had a great laugh over the whole thing. What's sad for me is that the next day was the last day I got to compete against Bill.

Rest in God's Good Peace Mr. Rich; you made all our lives richer just for knowing you.

Bob Hunt   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version