Announcements > In Memory of our friends

Bill Rich

<< < (3/5) > >>

Peter in Fairfax, VA:
Rich,

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Bill.  Much appreciate the folks sharing here, mentioning that he liked to practice.  It's early in the season for a lot of NVCL members, but I'll be practicing tomorrow.  My impression at Brodak's 2019 was that folks further South than Virginia, in Florida, some practiced more than once a week.

Peter

Allen Goff:
Sad news for sure.
Got to fly with Bill many times when Jan and I would vacation in Florida in the winter months.
Great coach, competitor and friend. Thanks for the memories Bill.
Blessings

Derek Barry:
  I have known Bill most of my life. I met him going to the King Orange Contest in Florida when I was probably 8-9 years old. He dominated that contest for many years, and we joked that his name was all over that perpetual trophy, like a rash. I really got to "know" Bill when we were on the US team in 2010. He and I shared a room, and were launching partners at the field.  We had a wonderful 2 weeks, and had some very memorable moments together,  like finding a huge swimming park that was part of our hotel, but completely hidden unless you knew it was there. Of course we took a swim, before we informed the rest of the team. Coming back in swimming trunks  and towels didn't seem to go over too well. It was 100 degrees "inside" the hotel....

I will forever cherish the time we had together Bill. Godspeed my friend.

Derek Barry

MikeyPratt:
I’m very sad to hear this, Bill was a hell of a guy and good friend to many of us.
He will be missed, and my heart goes out to his family.
Mike Pratt

peabody:
I was able to get Bill to take some flights even while wearing his jet pack (O2).
Last spring, I believe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version