News:

• March 28, 2024, 12:05:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Art Adamisin, April 25, 1927 - March 11, 2019  (Read 8153 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
First off I want to say THANK YOU to all who posted their comments here.  Special Thanks to De Hill & Bob Storick for the video De shot at Dad's house a long time ago.

You all knew him as Big Art, I knew him as Dad.  By either name he touched all of our lives and I am grateful for your sharing.  We had the funeral mass today, with sadness more than offset by a feeling of CELEBRATION of a very big man who lived a very big life.  I think he provided a template; the best tribute we can give to him is to strive for our personal bests and to help each other along the way.

He died on Monday, we said our goodbyes on Friday.  To emulate something he would probably say,  "What the hell? That's enough, everybody get back to work!"
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
Re: Art Adamisin, April 25, 1927 - March 11, 2019
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »
So sorry to hear of your dad's passing, Denny. He was a good friend to us in Cleveland too, and we were grateful for his stunt-judging clinics and advice, as well as his attendance at our contest. What a guy he was! Please accept my heart-felt condolences, with wishes for your family's continued welness without him. You all have given me many enjoyable hours of thought inspired by your creativity.

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Art Adamisin, April 25, 1927 - March 11, 2019
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2019, 09:09:55 AM »
So sorry to hear of the loss of Big Art, condolences to his family. I first met Big Art in person at the 2006 Toledo show. I remember asking him how to get better at flying stunt. His words are still in my head. He said " Son, you have to find the ground!" After crashing 5 planes that summer I started to understand...
                                                                   Thanks Big Art!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here