News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Art Adamisin, April 25, 1927 - March 11, 2019  (Read 8152 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Art Adamisin, April 25, 1927 - March 11, 2019
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:57:58 PM »
My father, Big Art Adamisin passed away Monday evening after complications from a fall last week. This man was a genuine character, who agonized, antagonized, terrorized and energized several generations of stunt flyers on 5 continents. One visitor even commenting that he had never been in a room with my dad in it that was so quiet! He passed peacefully with several of his kids and grandkids around him.

For many people on this forum and in the stunt world he was a teacher, a coach a mentor or a friend. He was all of that for me, plus he was my dad.  Among his life lessons he passed to me was that he was always there for all of his kids, what ever they were doing.  That included being a Scoutmaster, and a championship Little League coach.  I took that lesson to heart as I have always tried to be there to support my kids, and now my grandkids in what ever activity they were involved in.

He lived with passion and purpose and had friends (and not-so-friends) literally around the world.  His was a life well lived, and that is ultimately his biggest lesson and gift to all of us.  I will celebrate his life, and mourn only for my loss.

I welcome your comments and hope you will share your Big Art stories here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:29:05 PM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Art Adamisin, April 25, 1927 - March 11, 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 12:03:41 AM »
My father, Big Art Adamisin passed away Monday evening after complications from a fall last week. This man was a genuine character, who agonized, antagonized, terrorized and energized stunt several generations of stunt flyers on 5 continents. One visitor even commenting that he had never been in a room with my dad in it that was so quiet! He passed peacefully with several of his kids and grandkids around him. Funeral arrangements are being made, and I will update this post to suit. 

For many people on this forum and in the stunt world he was a teacher, a coach a mentor or a friend. He was all of that for me, plus he was my dad.  Among his life lessons he passed to me was that he was always there for all of his kids, what ever they were doing.  That included being a Scoutmaster, and a championship Little League coach.  I took that lesson to heart as I have always tried to be there to support my kids, and now my grandkids in what ever activity they were involved in.

He lived with passion and purpose and had friends (and not-so-friends) literally around the world.  His was a life well lived, and that is ultimately his biggest lesson and gift to all of us.  I will celebrate his life, and mourn only for my loss.

I welcome your comments and hope you will share your Big Art stories here.

Dennis - I am so sorry to hear of this. I went through this last year, and I know exactly how it feels. Please pass along my condolences to the entire family.

I didn't spend a lot of time with your Dad, but when I did, he went out of his way to answer my questions and help me.  And there was no one more enthusiastic about what he was doing. He was a force of nature.

Brett

Offline Larry Fruits

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 12:24:49 AM »
Dennis,
 I am so sorry to hear this, especially after our conversation Sunday evening. Prayers and condolences to the entire Adamisin family.

Blessings;
   Larry

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 01:06:15 AM »
Dennis,
Fond memories of your Dad from the 70s when he was at the Canadian Nats! This leaves my lasting memories of him as a younger man.
He had a long and productive life with a strong impact on our passion. All the best to the family!
Gord VT
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline Jim Damerell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 04:05:24 AM »
Dennis,
My condolences and prayers go out to you and you family. I never had a boring time at any field I shared with Big Art. When I was working on the road, and got to Detroit, his door was always open, and I enjoyed my visits to him and your Mom greatly. Many lessens were learned during dinner and trips to the hobby shop. I always benefited from his insight when he judged or watched my flights. I cannot imagine the friendships being renewed in heaven today.
God's peace.
Jim D.

Offline Don Jenkins

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 04:17:59 AM »
I had the honor to meet and chat with your father at Brodak's a few years ago, an absolutely wonderful man.  My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Don Jenkins

Offline goozgog

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 05:36:53 AM »
Dennis,

I'm sorry for your loss.
My condolences to you and
your family.

- Keith
Keith Morgan

Offline Peter Lott

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 05:41:53 AM »
Sincere condolences to you and family Dennis. Big Art has a very significant, positive place in South African Control-Line history, having visited in the late 1990's where he mentored the whole control-line community. I bumped into him (and you) at Brodak a couple of years ago and to my great pleasure, he recognized me right away. I am truly honoured to have been in his presence on a few occasions.

Rest in Peace Big Art: The world is a poorer place without you

Offline Peter Grabenstein

• 2020 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 05:52:48 AM »
I had the honor to meet and chat with your father at WC 2000 Landres Fra. .
Very nice talking to and an absolutely wonderful, helpful and kind MAN.
Had the chance to buy one of his famous ST 51 mufflers. 
My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult days.
I hate pessimists, I prefer optimists.
Impossible is done immediately, miracles take longer.
I don't care who your father is ......... as long as I fly here,
Nobody walks, runs, floats or flies across my circle ......... not even to fetch fish, wine or bread.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 06:04:06 AM »
Where to start...

First off, my most sincere condolences to Alan, Archie, Dave, Dennis, and Marie. The entire model airplane world grieves with you over this loss.

As Dennis so eloquently wrote above, Big Art was a character. And in a hobby that is filled to the brim with characters, he was among the most visible. I always thought that Big Art looked a lot like Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain), and like Samuel he was a man of great vision and imagination. He was outspoken,  opinionated, and above all supportive and helpful to all around him.

I first met Big Art and the entire Adamisin clan at the 1965 NAts in Willow Grove. I was a spectator at that Nats. I went over to the car around which all the Adamisins were gathered and asked some probably stupid question. What I got in return was an invitation to join the group as if I were a family member. I felt instantly accepted by this iconic family, Will never forget that day...

Over the years Big Art's influence was a guiding force. His gift for spontaneous innovation was for me a template. I learned to go with my instincts and not be afraid of the backlash that might (and often did) come from the Stunt community. And, Big Art took his share of backlash as well. There were a few times when we found ourselves at odds over some issue, and neither one of us would budge an inch. Even then Big Art was ever the gracious man and a true friend even when we had our differences. You never had to guess where you stood with Big Art.

I never met a man who had more of a lust for living, nor one who loved his friends and family more than did Art. His place in Stunt lore and legend has long since been assured, and now he goes on to be with all the other greats at that big circle in the sky. I hope they are all ready for him, because he's going to be a force there as well!

Godspeed Mr. Adamisin, and Thank You for everything...

Bob Hunt

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 07:06:53 AM »
Condolences for your loss; our loss, really.

But what a nice write-up.  It extols well the benefits of mentoring, at the core of model building and flying, scouting, sports.

Peter   

Offline John Saunders

• stiletto46
  • Ensign
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 07:46:56 AM »
 My condolences to the Adamisin family, we all lost a true gentleman and treasure of this hobby.  Very well said Bob, I can relate to that story because at the 97 Nats , my first Nats ,  Big Art came up to me in the hallway after the PAMPA meeting and welcomed me like I was part of the family and we became good friends after that.  I always looked forward to seeing him at the Brodak event , he was a great guy to be around and I will certainly miss him.  I asked Art to take a picture with me at Brodak's once and with a big smile and laugh he said he would be honored and with that , put his arm around my shoulder and took a picture, but the honor was truly mine .   Godspeed Big Art.

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 09:55:12 AM »
Condolences to your entire Adamisin clan Denny.

I knew Big Art for many years. Always a hoot to talk with. My last "encounter" with Big Art was at a Nat's a few years ago. I was flying a finals flight, with electric power, and all I could hear the entire flight was Big Art "talking" to someone right beside the circle. We all know how "quiet" Big Art talked.
After I was done I went over to him and mentioned that all I heard was him while I was flying. He said," I never heard any one flying"!  I suppose not. We laughed, shook hands, had a hug and went our ways. That was the last time I saw him.

Art was a character, and we will all miss him.

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 10:42:54 AM »
Sincere condolences for your loss. .

Tight lines and light winds.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline Terry Bentley

• Ensign
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 10:45:25 AM »
Dennis sorry to hear this prayers to you and the family. He will be missed.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 10:54:55 AM »
Big Art was truly an Icon, and unforgettable Character of the Stunt community, and will be mourned and missed by all that ever met him.

I Believe the world is truly a lesser place without him.

My sincere condolences to you and all the family!

Randy Cuberly

Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
Wow, hard to imagine a world without Big Art.
I first met Art and his clan at one of the early seventies Glenview Nats. What an experience.
I must admit he didn't exactly take a shine to me right away since he figured out I was some sort of Miami hippie.
(So it's true he was a good judge of character)
Eventually, through the years, he recognized my work ethic and dedication so he started cutting me a little slack, at least a bit of tolerance.
Deep down inside I envied the Adamisin kids because I never enjoyed the fatherly parental guidance he commanded.
These are just good people and Big Art can take full responsibility for that!
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 11:36:40 AM »
Dennis:

I always looked forward to seeing and talking to Big Art at Brodaks.  It was always a fun conversation.

I think it was the year of the "Big Hatch" and Art was walking past our sun-shade covered with cicadas.  And saying some un-polite things about them.  I says "Art: don't you know that they are attracted by pheremones and this is their mating season?  And it looks like you-da-man!  They all wanna make love to you!!"

Our guys in the sunshade cracked up.

Art stops in his tracks and gets this funny look on his face - sort of rueful, sort of embarrassed, sort of smiling - and then he says to me: "Awww, you shouldn't a said that...."

How could you not like Big Art?   :'(

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »
Denny I’m so very sorry for your (our) loss.  Even when you know this news will eventually come, it is a heartbreaking shock.  I hope for you and the clan peace and strength at this time.
Big Art was about like a father figure to me from the days as a Junior competing with Denny and Alan,  taking me like yet another one of his boys and offering what help and encouragement he could.  In later years he traveled to Topeka and held a weekend training camp where all who came felt enlightened from the experience.  I believe my last real conversation with him was a number of years back at the Nats.  He came up behind me and sort of whispered over my shoulder “ we’ve gone to the dark side”.  Of course there followed a discussion of how they had gone electric- quite notable coming from an iconic IC engine man.  One thing Art always impressed upon me about the stunt game was that it is as much about how you think about it, rather than just a race for equipment.
Art was a legend and a class act.  He etched a place in Stunt folklore and I and many will sorely miss him

Trib
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:26:41 PM by Dave_Trible »
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 11:59:23 AM »
Big Art Adamissin....Ruby and I thought the world of Big Art and Betty. We used to see them at the VSC, and sometimes, on the way home they would stop by our house for a couple of days.

We are saddened that they have passed.
De Hill

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 12:16:21 PM »
  Dennis

Big Art  will be  missed  greatly , My Sincere condolences .

Godspeed  Big Art

Randy

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 12:46:52 PM »
It has been truly an honor to know Big Art as a friend.  When I learned that there wouldn't be a Brodak booth at the Toledo show my first thought was that I wouldn't get to see Art and Denny!  I was disappointed at that, and now I'm really feeling sad for the family and the rest of us.
I got to fly with Art at Muncie one year with just he and I sharing circle four for many flights and that will always stick in my memories because of having such a privilege.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 12:49:04 PM »
Dennis,
My condolences on your loss. I never met your father, but he is well spoken of by so many. Losing one's father is hard. My the Lord bless you and your family and help carry you through this valley.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 12:53:41 PM »
Yes Dennis,  Big Art will be missed.  So many memories.  Now I know the couple of the Stunt World are back together.  I loved both your parents. :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 01:50:06 PM »
Amen to all the above...in particular Bob Hunt's memories of an adult relationship worth living and reliving.  No two people agree on everything but "real" people recognize the reality of differences between thoughtful people and place them in their appropriate "other" drawer of life's encounters.  With Big Art that "other" drawer was always available...and often filled with retrospective memories that would bring a smile rather than a frown on second review.

Like so many of us who've shared a lifetime of stunt memories with the "CLPA gang", Big Art played a role in many of ours.  But it was seldom, if ever, just Big Art.  It was always the shared camaraderie of the entire Adamisin clan and us...us being not only Shareen and me but pretty much everyone who shared a table, a tent or just time with Dad, Mom and the "clan".

May the sadness of loss be leavened by the joy of memories...special memories for all who knew him...of Big Art, Betty and their "clan".

God bless them all and save a place at his table...a very large table!

Ted and Shareen

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
I am so sorry to here this Dennis. Tough time losing parents. You are in my thoughts.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline EricV

• Lieutenant
I only met Big Art a few times, but one stands out... It was at the Nat's in Muncie. I had a case of nerves and was pacing the flight line waiting for the pilot ahead of me to land so I could make my official. Art walks up to me and says "Hi, what are you flying?" I pointed at my plane and said something like "...and I'm up next. Could use a laugh, know any good one's?" Art's face lit up and he proceeded to tell me a story about pranking Gialdini with an egg under his rudder...("I think", wish I could remember the story for sure, but it was lost in the fog of competition and time) before I knew it I was up and he wished me well and he wondered off. Though I can't remember the story 100%, I do remember the time he took to help calm a newbie.
Sorry for your loss... I went through it with both my parents, and it's never easy.
Eric V.

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
Big Art was and will continue to be a very positive influence in my life and the way I deport myself. Dennis he was like a Dad to me too! I met him at one of  the early Brodak FlyIns and was treated to friendship for the rest of my life to date! I'll truly miss him and his wit and wisdom. My sincere sympathy to the entire Adamisin family. Many of us do share your loss profoundly.

God's Speed.

Phil Spillman

Phil Spillman

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
I first met Big Art on either our first or second trip to Brodak. I remember him coaching me while I was at the paved circle flying my Ares and giving me pointers on body positioning. I really enjoyed those moments being watched by someone as legendary as him. Then at the 2011 NATS he was looking at my trivial pursuit asking if I built it, to which I told him I did. He then grabbed my shoulder, pulled me in and said something along the lines of I needed to be designing my own airplanes now.

Sorry for your loss Dennis. I’ll hold onto the memories of your dad working with me at Brodak forever. I wish I could go back and enjoy those moments again.
Matt Colan

Offline Bob Whitely

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Dennis, My heartfelt condolences and prayers to you and all your family. I considered him a great friend will miss him. I enjoyed
staying at his house one FAI weekend.  I can't write anymore...Bob

Offline Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
To the whole Adamisin family our depest condolences , Colleen and I loved your dad and thank your family so much for sharing him with us. He was a special man if you didn’t love Art there might have been something wrong with you. He will be missed by many.

Joe Gilbert
Joe Gilbert

Offline Chris Cox

• Commander
My sincerest condolences to you and your family Denis.

I only met Big Art once, and that was in Kiev during the 1998 World Championships.  I was too nervous to talk to Big Art as he was not only a legend, but an F2B judge.  It was Big Art that came to me following the competition to say hello and provide me with very encouraging words.  I’ll never forget that.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
 I never had the pleasure of meeting Big Art, but from the beginning of my own C/L endeavors many years ago I noticed the name and quickly realized his dedication and the influence he had within our community. From those early days he's one of the "names" I've always noticed, stopped and paid attention to. Throughout this time I'd kind of developed my own mental impression or idea of what Art's personality and character might have been like, with all of it now being solidly confirmed by the many comments and stories above. I never met you Art, but thank you, and my sincere condolences to the entire Adamisin family.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:29:16 PM by wwwarbird »
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  I was aware of the Adamisin family as a kid when I would sneak a peak at the model magazines that my older brother would buy now and then, and would read the C/L stunt articles and columns when I got my own subscription to American Aircraft Modeler as a birthday gift.  I first got to meet Big Art and some of the other family members a the first SIG contests I attended, then at the NATS, and then would see him again at VSC. One of my most treasured possessions id my Big Art Claus Mikas pin that he awarded to me at VSC one year after giving the required big hug to Betty. Big Art! Can you think of a more appropriate nick name for Mr. Adamisin?  It describes his physical stature, his personality, the massive amount of knowledge he had to share, and the size of his heart. Big Art was a genuine one of a kind, in my estimation. And one thing needs to be kept in mind, is that Big Art will live on in the hardware he produced, knowledge he shared, and memories that he leaves behind. He'll always be remembered.
   With Deepest Sympathies and Prayers,
    Dan McEntee

AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Most sincere condolences. I met Big Art at Brodaks after reading about him in the model magazines for as long as I can remember. What a character! A real gem......PhillySkip

Offline ptg

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
JCT
Ode to BIG ART

'If ever you met 'im
You nie forget 'im'

Mr. PT. Granderson | Col. H.M. Rush |Emeritus et al

He may not have been bigger than life but HE SURE FILLED IT UP

P.S. Denny, check your PM
PT Granderson

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Dennis,

I was honored to meet you Dad several years ago when Will and I took over running the Brodak Fly In. Each year, we would chat in his golf cart or mine and he had that "twinkle" in his eyes...always. One of my joys of attending the Toledo Show was to sit with your Dad in John's booth and just talk and watch all the people who would come around and greet your Dad.

At this year's Brodak event, at around 5:00 PM on Thursday, my eyes and those of so many others will be full of tears as Big Art's name is read among those we have lost. That annual tradition in John's back yard makes all of us realize how special these folks have been.

As hard as it will be, I cannot imagine having gone through life without meeting him and sharing some stories. God Bless

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Dennis,

You and your family have our condolences and prayers.  I'm glade we had the chance to meet him at the Nat's a few years ago when Ben was flying Beginner.  He was a very nice and genuine person.  You are in our prayers.

James
AMA 491167

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
To share my memory. Art was loved by all.

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
Dennis, I am terrible sorry for your loss. Please give our love and condolences to the entire family. I met Big Art in 1990, and I still have the pin he gave me all those years ago. He will be missed by all of us!

Derek

Offline Doug Stout

• New Pilot
Dennis,

On behalf of the entire Stout family, my condolences to you and your family for your loss.

My dad and I first met Big Art and the Adamisin clan for my first Nationals in 1973 in Oshkosh, WI.  The wind was horrific for me flying an overweight Sig Chipmunk.  Was very impressed on how Alan’s V Tail flew in the high winds and won Senior that year.  At the 1974 Nationals in Lake Charles, LA, the Adamisin clan adopted me, where I flew against Alan for a second time in the Senior Class.  I had my new Apparition, which was much lighter at 42 ounces and loved that thick southern air.  I got a look at the Adamisin trailer for transporting all of their stunt ships, which was pretty cool.  In 1978, Big Art reworked my ST 46, where I used one of his mufflers for my new Apparition 2.  My dad and I met up again with the Adamisin clan at the 1979 Nationals in Lincoln, NE, where Dennis and I practiced together, and Marie help pit for me.

Big Art was a huge help to me at my first and only USA Team Trials in 1979 at Wright-Paterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH.  He saw what I was doing wrong with the outside portion of my square eight during practice and I fixed it.  During finals the next day, I accidentally hurt my left hand starting my ST 46 for my first official flight.  I cracked the 12/6 Rev Up prop right next to the base and left a dent in the wood from the bone in my middle finger.  I’m a lefty, who fly’s with my right hand.  After visiting the base health clinic and getting bandaged up, Big Art jumped right in and took over for me with my dad in my pit, and I was able to complete my two official flights and place 9th.

Very memorable times with a great family.  Big Art and your family touch my life in a way that I will never forget.  I only regret that we did not live closer, where we could have spent more quality time together.

Doug
"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Big Art will be missed!

Thanks to De Hill for this footage

AMA 12366

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Dennis:

Sorry to hear the news and condolences to you and your family.  Met him at Brodak's and always enjoyed his company.  He surely will be missed.
Jim Vigani

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Dennis, sorry to hear about Art's passing. He was a good man. I remember several conversations with him about judging stunt. "Size and intersection". He will be missed.
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
North Coast Controliners.

Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
        Dennis, I'm so sorry your Dad has passed on! He was one very good man! He will be missed by all of us. I'm so thankful I had the chance to meet and talk with him on two occasions in the past. Big Art's thoughts and insights on judging the stunt pattern have been a strong influence on me in trying to become a better judge. He certainly covered a wide spectrum in C/L model aviation. I remember most how Art and Mrs. Adimisin were so family oriented towards their children- they had all their children involved in modeling for many years. I was always impressed by their togetherness as a family and of course their competitiveness. Now I can only believe that Big Art and his wonderful wife are rejoicing in heaven now!
        Doug         

Offline Istvan Travnik

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Sincere condolences from Hungarian boys*, from Europe

*all we are above 60 now ...

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Condolences to the family. :(:(

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
Like many of you, I was fortunate enough to meet Big Art and the Adamisin family at Brodak's. I will never forget talking with him, a man of his stature, and it was like talking with an old friend. Great man and a great family.  My condolences to the entire Adamisin family.

Godspeed Big Art.

Jim Catevenis
JCAT

Offline Reuben MacBride

• Ensign
I met Big Art at the  Nats at Chicopee Mass. in the 1970's  He made sure that all Jr. flyers who flew stunt were given an award. That one has his name on it as doner as he paid for them. I also met him at Brodak when he was Judging Advance. he had a great sence of humor . At Brodak one flyer got upset over his poor flight and started to mouth off to Big Art for running his flight. The responce that Art gave was can you please repeat that I did not hear you. He said that severeal times instead of taking him seriously. My condolenses to the family and my deepest respect to a stunt God.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here