News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "TED" ENTICKNAP Icon MASTERMODELMAKER HAS PASSED.  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
"TED" ENTICKNAP Icon MASTERMODELMAKER HAS PASSED.
« on: August 12, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »
Ted Enticknap was truly one of the most gifted  ICON Professional model makers...that gave so much to sooooo many during his life here on earth...
He made huge changes that made our world a better place. He helped write THE MODEL MAKERS BIBLE BOOK for the Boeing Wind Tunnel. Best of all he taught us all to be not only better model makers...but also better human beings and what a blessing to share space in his Boeing family for a short time before he retired.

Although this attached memorial is difficult to read...here is one of the latest photos from his Studebakin-baker bunch.  He was so endeared and loved...in 2007 Federal Way declared a TED ENTICKNAP WEEK where he was given a lifetime achievement award etc.

He too first and formost was an avid engine collector and over the years...flew everything from paper airplanes, freeflight, control line and dabble and crashed some pretty nice R/C models.
I know many of us have stories glaaaalor' and agore...about TED.
Lets share a few?
May he rest in peace...and our deepest condolences to Ted's family, friends, peers and fellow modelmakers who were LUCKY AND BLESSED to have his as a co-worker and friend.
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: "TED" ENTICKNAP Icon MASTERMODELMAKER HAS PASSED.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:59:11 PM »
Ted's engine collection has been being run on EBAY for a couple months now. Some really incredible engines have been sold and I am sure that there are more to come.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:03:26 PM »
Thanks Bill...for the info on Ted's engine collection.
Yes, not only on that web site but also on many other sites also contain information about his collections
Anyone who still wants info...check with homer_smith@msn.com or
http://geocities.com/the_great_sam8/enticknap.htm

here is an attached drawing for another retiring professional model maker that I too had the pleasure of working with... (How sobering....I think all of these great modelmasters shown on this drawing have passed this life except for the two other ICONs Mr. Schwartzwelder and Mr. Glendale that are standing next to Ted. (Art Pasa-Rosy-(Rozinits)and Rich Moran on the right side have all recently passed this life.
Ted in his favorite old GREEN WORK SWEATER is shown on the far left side of my drawing..
Ted and Schwartzeee' were always talkin model engine talk.
Ted was a master at concocking funny jokes on his fellow model makers. Although some were real doozeeee's....it truly was some kind of badge of honor to be the BUTT-END of one of his masterpieces...
He truly was the KING OF DIRTY TRICKS-N-TREATS!!!
Remember times like these...when we lose so many of our dear friends...it put into perspective just what is important in life.
Check out the quip on the bottom of this James Dean photo for some real eye-opening truth.
The last photo shows how much our Carl and Shultzie have "gone to seed!" (after a few Bud Light beers of course taken at a recent memorial for another fallen model maker Gil Coughlin who also was an avid model engine collector and gifted model flyer.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:10:36 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Derek Moran

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
Don,
My condolances.  Sounds like you guys did some good work and had some good fun in the shop.
Is the "THE MODEL MAKERS BIBLE BOOK for the Boeing Wind Tunnel" Boeing proprietary or is it commercially available?  A quick search shows no joy.
Thanks!
Derek
AMA 82617

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:35:54 PM »
Don,
My condolances.  Sounds like you guys did some good work and had some good fun in the shop.
Is the "THE MODEL MAKERS BIBLE BOOK for the Boeing Wind Tunnel" Boeing proprietary or is it commercially available?  A quick search shows no joy.
Thanks!
Derek
You know..I had one for years...but gave it away at my retirement to a young newbee.
That book was old and outdated...and certainly not proprietary after all these years...but it was filled with so much info that was both priceless and also useless.
I will E mail Dan Price and see if I can glean an old copy.
Don Shultz

Offline Derek Moran

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 04:44:45 PM »

There's a lot of wisdom tucked away in old-school stuff.
Thanks, Don.
Derek
AMA 82617

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 09:52:28 PM »
His little .045-powered semi-scale FF Etrich "Taube", as once featured in an AT Annual, was a beauty ---- and I'll always remember his 9-foot span "Gool" FF as seen in an '50s issue of FM.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:39 PM »
I well remember the "Gool" hanging from the ceiling of several hobby shops in the South King Co. area, the last being over on West Meeker Street in Kent...Bob Washburn's shop. As I recall, Ted was a long time outboard boat racer, too.

I remember seeing and talking to a guy in the back lot at Boeing Space Center in Kent about his '60's Studebaker wagon with the retracting rear roof, tho...I never met or saw Ted Enticknap...but maybe that was him?  ??? Steve

PS: Schultzie...see ya at the club meeting Thursday night (Aug. 13)...same place...but earlier... LL~
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »
I well remember the "Gool" hanging from the ceiling of several hobby shops in the South King Co. area, the last being over on West Meeker Street in Kent...Bob Washburn's shop. As I recall, Ted was a long time outboard boat racer, too.

I remember seeing and talking to a guy in the back lot at Boeing Space Center in Kent about his '60's Studebaker wagon with the retracting rear roof, tho...I never met or saw Ted Enticknap...but maybe that was him?  ??? Steve

PS: Schultzie...see ya at the club meeting Thursday night (Aug. 13)...same place...but earlier... LL~

Bob Washburn and his sweet wife...They were an awesome pair. I hung out there a lot...and loved her strong coffee that was always on hand. I would go next door and buy Bob those gooeee' Rasberry filled donuts and we would eat almost the whole box.
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here