General control line discussion > How I got my start in the hobby

Looking For a new project for a NOS Enya .09

(1/2) > >>

Steve Tomlinson:
Looking to satrt a build for a new (old stock) perfect Enya .09 CL engine.  Waht do you guys recommend?  I was thinking about a Brodak Stork, possibly the 1.2 A size TEOSAWKI, etc.  Something simple (profile) , rugged....I fly a .29 Enya Sporthawk now, and have a .19 powered Akromaster, and a Sig Skyray with a fox.25 ...but I have flown everything over the years from Nemesis II's to Banshees to Magicians, etc.....
Speedy plane is OK!

Jim Catevenis:
Steve-You might look at a Brodak Flying Clown or Brodak Circus Prince. Another option is a Jr. Flite Streak or Magician .15 if you can find the plans.

Jim

dennis lipsett:
Don't put the 09 on the Stork. It would make that model into a brick.. It flies well on a Norvel 049 and the 061.  If that 09 is new they take forever to break in. Enya's metallurgy is second to none and better than most comparable engines. If you take the time to do the break in the engine is almost indestructible and will probably outlast the owner.

bob whitney:
BMJR  MINI KING  .I am setting one up with a K&B green head 15 /should work good with the 09

John Park:
Using the PC and printer that just about everyone's got these days, the scaling-down of plans has become a cinch.  I'm half-way through building a half-size Fancherised Twister for an ancient DC Merlin diesel that I wore out and had  rebored by Gig Eifflaender of PAW fame.  Next on the list for small-field flying is a 75% scale FT for a PAW 2.5cc diesel.  I reckon a 5/8 scale (62.5%) FT, at 30" span, would be ideal for an .09 glow motor.

Regards
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version