General control line discussion > How I got my start in the hobby

Always wanted to try

(1/2) > >>

Tom Vieira:
I may be a bit blind, but I don't see an "into" area, so here's my intro and how I started!

I'm T.J. Vieira, and fly with the Dayton Buzzin' Buzzards.  I got my start because, well, since I was a kid I always wanted to give it a shot!  So, I bit the bullet, and went for it :)

I'm only three flights in so far, complete with my first BEAUTIFUL pinpoint landing, spinner first in to the circle!  She's all fixed up, and may be flying again tonight :)

So, just wanted to say "Hi"!

john e. holliday:
Happy you are joining the fun.   The Dayton club has been around a long time.   I was entered in F2C racing at the 76 Dayton NATS.   DQ'd because my team mate didn't show.   Remember it is supposed to be fun. H^^

Tom Vieira:
Well, I WAS flying a Sig SkyRay on .015 60' lines with an EVO36 on an 11x4 prop...  I turned it in to a kit Tuesday night due to picking up the handle upside down.....

It'll be completely rebuilt, as soon as I get around to making a BOM for the wood needed!

I have a Galaxy that will be flown on a fox35, and a profile nobler that is going to use an LA46!  Galaxy should be up next week.  the Nobler after a few more (successful) flights under the belt.

Jim Carter:

--- Quote from: Ty Marcucci on May 17, 2018, 04:09:11 PM --- I got very good at repairs. LL~ LL~ LL~

--- End quote ---

LL~ LL~  Hey Ty  ;D ;D!!  I've got a closet full 'o former planes in the form of balsa sticks and stuff .... Wanna' challenge an' show your "magic"??   %^@ %^@ LL~ LL~

Bootlegger:

Ty, talking about stopping to think I did the same thing a few days ago and forgot to start back!!!   HB~> HB~> HB~> LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version