News:

• October 20, 2018, 12:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Details and Pricing on the Full Fuselage Imitation - The IMITATION PLUS  (Read 773 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • LA Wing Asst Director of Communications
Now that the Imitation Profile kit is finished, I thought it was time to introduce the Full Fuselage Imitation which will be called the Imitation Plus. 
This is simply the Imitation wing and tail components put into a built up fuselage that has the same shape as the Profile Imitation.
We are taking orders for the kit now and I will post a drawing of how the fuselage will look from the side view.   I will also repost the pictures of the profile fuselage to refresh your memory of the beautiful shape of the Imitation.  The full fuselage will also be made for a piped engine if you choose.  Of course you do not have to use a pipe but the tunnel will be there if you want to use one.
The price of the full fuselage Imitation kit is  -  $195.95 and it is a full kit less control hardware.
The  precision hardware set for this kit will sell for $71.95.  Of course you can furnish you own control hardware if you choose.

Contents of the precision control hardware set includes:

A 4" bushed carbon fiber bellcrank
Leadouts for bell crank
Stainless steel suspended bellcrank mount
4 Heavy Duty Dubro ball links
4 threaded stainless steel push rod ends (2 rh and 2 lh) these are the type that go OVER the push rod
Two pieces of Carbon Fiber push rod tube
Wing tip weight box
Adjustable leadout guide.
1/8" Wire flap horn
1/8" Wire elevator horn.

If these components are purchased separately they would cost $96.00 at retail.

Shipping for one kit is $19.95 anywhere within the continental United States. 

If you wish to order a kit I use PayPal.  My PayPal address to use is mikegriffin1947@gmail.com.   Please send me a private message with a shipping address and we can work out the details for payment and shipping.

Thank you
Mike Griffin
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:18:55 PM by Mike Griffin »

Offline Mike Griffin

• Admiral
Re: Details and Pricing on the Full Fuselage Imitation - The IMITATION PLUS
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 07:47:42 PM »
The Imitation Profile

Offline Randy Powell

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Hey Mike. I'm interested.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711

Randy Powell

Offline Mike Griffin

• Admiral
Hey Mike. I'm interested.

Randy I will contact you when Everything is ready to go.  Thank you

Mike

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 2018 Supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 02:55:25 PM »
HI Mike.  Here are two Imitations, One is the Plus and one is the regular.  Now for test  flights, when it stops raining.
Ty Marcucci

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 2018 Supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
More
Ty Marcucci

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 2018 Supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 02:57:52 PM »
The plus has a ST .51, standard metal uniflow and the profile has an OS .46 LA-S with a Sullivan plastic tank set up for uni-flow.  I have not weighed them, yet.  Both wings are covered with Polyspan, bare wood with medium silk span,  Randolph dope.  New white and the horrid green is my concoction that was supposed to be metallic green. Well, it is, sort of. Cream and yellow stripes.  Tom Morris controls.  The AMA wet decal symbols are from the 40's I believe. Very old with a free flight model. Just had to use them.  H^^
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:22:10 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline James Holford

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »
The plus has a ST .51, standard metal uniflow and the profile has an OS .46 LA-S with a Sullivan plastic tank set up for uni-flow.  I have not weighed them, yet.  Both wings are covered with Polyspan, bare wood with medium silk span,  Randolph dope.  New white and the horrid green is my concoction that was supposed to be metallic green. Well, it is, sort of. Cream and yellow stripes.  Tom Morris controls.  The AMA wet decal symbols are from the 40's I believe. Very old with a free flight model. Just had to use them.  H^^
Interesting tank mounting on the profile... is that standard? I have a Imitation kit coming to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 2018 Supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »
The UHP kit has only a cut out, but most cut completely through.  Neat thing is you can see the fuel level go down as you fly, assuming you use a see through tank. This is my second Imitation and if it flys like the first one, hooray for me.  Also my second full fuse version, but this one from a kit.  My first, I called the "Mimic", was broken at El Dorado when I did a dumb thing, then after repairs, the wings folded in a triangle while at Paducah. ALWAYS do a complete check on the entire wing after a break in the wing. H^^
Ty Marcucci

Tags: